OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

printing 5.5 x 8.5 invitations

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cowboyblg

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:59 am    Post subject: printing 5.5 x 8.5 invitations Reply with quote

I am trying to print a 5.5 x 8.5 shower invitation using word.doc on an HP Deskjet 3050 printer
but it wont center the text on the invitation.
Any suggestions? I was on the phone with HP for over an hour with no help.

Thanks
JohnV
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I presume that once printed these will be folded in half so you end up with 5.5 x 4.25.

Here is what I would do in a new Writer document. Format > Page > Page tab and set Width to 8.5 and Height to 5.5. Set all margins to 0 and ignore any complaint.

I would the insert a 2 column, 1 row table. Set the same Font and its size for both the table where your text is going to go and the standard page. Then pull the bottom border of the table almost to the bottom of the page. If you pull it too far it will insert a 2nd page so you have to fool around to get it as close a possible. The blank area at the bottom of the page will be about one paragraph so take that into consideration when you center things.

Again I will assume that your text will go into the right column of the table. Go to the horizontal ruler and set both margins too at least a quarter inch. Copy and paste your text from the existing invitation and center it the best you can.

Now stick your invitation paper in the printer in the same way you would if it were 8.5 x 11.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: