OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Text color

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peterhufo
General User
General User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:37 pm    Post subject: Text color Reply with quote

I am using OpenOffice 3.3.0 on Mac 10.6.6.

I can select individual words in a document and change their color to green. The colored text appears green in the Writer editor window and in print > Preview window. However, when the document printed on an hp deskjet 5150 printer with a new color cartridge, the colored text is black albeit slightly grayer than the black text.

I did search posts on this issue in this forum but the posts are for older versions of OO.
JohnV
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get good color. HP Deskjet F448 and OOo3.3 under Windows.
therabi
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Text color Reply with quote

peterhufo wrote:
I am using OpenOffice 3.3.0 on Mac 10.6.6.

I can select individual words in a document and change their color to green. The colored text appears green in the Writer editor window and in print > Preview window. However, when the document printed on an hp deskjet 5150 printer with a new color cartridge, the colored text is black albeit slightly grayer than the black text.

I did search posts on this issue in this forum but the posts are for older versions of OO.

On the print dialog under the OpenOffice.org tab make sure that the 'Print text in black' box is not checked.

HTH
peterhufo
General User
General User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:00 pm    Post subject: Text Color Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestions. However.I have been using this printer for a number of years with several different word processing programs without color problems. Also,the 'Print text in black' box is not checked, that was one of the first thoughts that I had as well..

Peter -
therabi
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happens if you export to PDF?
peterhufo
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:35 am    Post subject: Test color Reply with quote

Unfortunately, same problem. Text is colored in the PDF when it is viewed in Preview, but prints gray.

When I researched a similar problem in previous posts, the posters wandered off into issues of style. Is it possible that something as simple as changing the color of text is somehow wrapped up in the more complicated issue of styles?

Peter -

Mac Mini 10.6.6, OO 3.3.0
therabi
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using Character Styles to define the text would be best but I am not sure that is your problem. Look at Tools-> Preferences-> OpenOffice.org-> Print and Tools-> Preferences-> OpenOffice.org Writer-> Print and check that the Convert Color to Grayscale and Print Text in black boxes are not checked.

HTH
peterhufo
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:53 am    Post subject: Test color Reply with quote

The sequence of steps to get to "Convert Color to Grayscale and Print Text in black boxes" is not available on my version of OO. The only way to get to "Print Text in black" is OpenOffice/Preferences -> OpenOffice.org Writer -> Print. The page that appears has a "Print text in black" checkbox on it which is unchecked. There is no "Convert color to grayscale" checkbox on this page.

I think that you are on the right track looking for a "Convert color to grayscale" checkbox, I am just not able to locate it. I have searched "Convert text to grayscale" in the help to no avail. Is it possible that the Ubuntu version of OO is different for the Mac version?

Peter -
peterhufo
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:16 pm    Post subject: Text color Reply with quote

The problem is the printer, it is not printing color.

Many thanks for your suggestions.

Peter -
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: