OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Writer crashes on text box

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
victorhugo289
General User
General User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:43 am    Post subject: Writer crashes on text box Reply with quote

Hi, I've been having this problem for awhile, every time I open this document and I try to put a text box Writer crashes. I really want to solve this issue because every day when I open that document to takes notes on Math, Physics, whatever I'm always waiting for the crash, and sometimes I even crash it on purpose only to leave it "ready" to put text boxes in the future. When I say "crash it on purpose" I mean by putting a text box in the document.
It happens only on the first time, after that you can put text boxes and move them around with no problem.
I like text boxes because they allow me to put comments and stuff, like text bubbles of comic books.
I'm always "ready for the crash", saying things like "here we go..." and it crashes.

Once it crashes Open Office closes and I have to go to Applications/Office/Writer and open it again, and then it asks me to recover the file, and once it opens the file the save button on the standard tool bar is turned on for me to save the file, even if what I did was just try to put the text box.

I now this is a lengthy explanation but just in case you start asking about how long is my document (like 80 pages), and stuff like that.

Any suggestions please, thanks.

I wanted to post screenshots but I have no idea how to upload them in here!

Victor.

EDIT: The file is 1.47MB in size, just in case you were wondering.
victorhugo289
General User
General User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It just happened again, please help!!!

Also, I've noticed that sometimes when I put a text box a black background fills the text box and I can't see what I am writing in it. This was like the first thing I noticed some months ago. Apparently the black background is like a fussy image of my desktop because I've seen it reselblme my desktop sometimes, this could be a display issue, IDK.

Please help.
pitonyak
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this occur with 3.3 or perhaps 3.4 beta?

If the issue is repeatable for you, if you send a copy of the document to me with step by step instructions on how to cause the problem, I can give it a try (I can test on 3.3 and 3.4 beta, alpha, or what-ever they are on now).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
victorhugo289
General User
General User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pitonyak wrote:
Does this occur with 3.3 or perhaps 3.4 beta?

No, it's Open Office 3.2.1, it's the one that came with Ubuntu 10.10.
It's repeatable for me, yes, my computer it's a Pentium 4, 2.00GHz, 1GB ram.
I'm thinking it's Writer, but it could also be my computer.

This is my first document on Open Office, it's the first time I make it over 80+ pages, it's the largest file on Open Office I've ever made, before this I always used Microsoft office.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: