OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Excel VB macro user wants to convert to OO calc/basic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andrew

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 8:42 am    Post subject: Excel VB macro user wants to convert to OO calc/basic Reply with quote

I am an experienced programmer of excel VBA. Hey, even Bilbo used the ring from time to time...

A startup customer (no spare bux for Billy) wants to use oo software to save $$, So I need to learn oo calc and how to program macros for it - from bone scratch newbie - quickly and efficiently to give them a manufacturing tracking system they'll soon need.

Can anyone tell me of documentation or texts I could read to learn the necessary background to make ths transition? I have tried to find some on the various oo sites, but they have not been specific enough to get me any traction yet, or perhaps I need to read them in the right order...

Does anyone have examples they could send me that show how to integrate the macro language with elements of Calc; the cells, rows, sheets, different workbooks, and how a simple UI might integrate? That might give me a rosetta stone to translate my excel VBA capability into the oo ethos...

I would love to get this whole company running open source at it's inception, unbound by the dark lord in the Northwest...

Thanks in advance for any help.
Andrew R.
Andrew

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 3:02 pm    Post subject: One example on the web - anyone have others? Reply with quote

I did find one example, searching the web:

go to
http://yoderdev.com/OOo/

and download the sxc.

This plays Yahtzee in calc, and demonstrates how to link the macros in, how to set up the objects, etc.

Anyone have any other examples that might teach different things?

Andrew R
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: