OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Need help creating form with combo box list sources

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nzdreamer55

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:00 pm    Post subject: Need help creating form with combo box list sources Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

I am creating a table that will store web site information for personal use (address, user ID, etc.)

I have created a form to use to enter data into the table. It has 4 list boxes on a form that will hold security questions that I will type in for each web site (you might know the ones like Who was your first highschool teacher? etc.)

As I enter more information into the table I want these combo boxes to list all of the previous questions to choose from so that I don't have to enter the same question for multiple enteries. For the properties of the combo box I have set the type of list contents to Sql and the List content to:

SELECT DISTINCT "Security Question 1" FROM "PW Database"

This works great for the first question, however if I do this for all the questions, I will only get a list of what was entered into a specific list box (e.g. Questions entered into the first box won't show up in the list for the other boxes).

Is there a was to select distinct list contents from multiple columns of a table? Can I add an OR or AND and then list the other columns?

SELECT DISTINCT "Security Question 1" OR "Security Question 2" OR "Security Question 3" OR "Security Question 4" FROM "PW Database"

I want to be able to have any question that I enter into these boxes to be available in my list content for the combo box.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Steve
Arineckaig
OOo Advocate
OOo Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum. I am sorry you should not yet have had a reply, but suspect there may be some uncertainty about what you are aiming for. If you were to supply some additional guidance I may be able to make some suggestions. For example:

1. What is the database engine/back-end that you are using: as shown at the left end of the status bar when you first open the .ODB file?

2. What are the names of the relevant fields in the "PW Database" table?

3. Are the questions or the answers to be stored in the "PW Database" table?

4. Do you need the text of the questions/answers to be stored in the "PW Database" table or are you prepared to have them in a separate but related table to secure a degree of RDMS normalization?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: