OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

not printing in Writer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RogerW28

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:18 pm    Post subject: not printing in Writer Reply with quote

I just downloaded OO and tried a test document in Writer. Won't print--sends a sheet through, stops at places I have written, but nothing. Tried in Draw, printed fine. Prints off internet pages. What's up? Help? Thanks to all.
jrkrideau
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:45 am    Post subject: Re: not printing in Writer Reply with quote

RogerW28 wrote:
I just downloaded OO and tried a test document in Writer. Won't print--sends a sheet through, stops at places I have written, but nothing. Tried in Draw, printed fine. Prints off internet pages. What's up? Help? Thanks to all.

The standard response to really weird OOo behaviour is to reset the user profile . This can apply to a new installation or a long time installation

This seems to be a recurring problem with OOo but erratic enough that developers have not tracked the causes down.

Think of it as the equivalent to rebooting Windows when anything weird appears. Smile
RogerW28

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:47 pm    Post subject: renamed user profile, didn't print Reply with quote

Changed name, restarted, re-signed in, new document. I entered a test phrase and for good luck copied the instructions for changing user profile from Hagar. Print preview showed everything, print only included headings and links. Not my entered text. New ideas folks?
jrkrideau
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:25 am    Post subject: Re: renamed user profile, didn't print Reply with quote

RogerW28 wrote:
Changed name, restarted, re-signed in, new document. I entered a test phrase and for good luck copied the instructions for changing user profile from Hagar. Print preview showed everything, print only included headings and links. Not my entered text. New ideas folks?

Not a clue at the moment. Can you print from Calc or Impress?

It might be a good idea to post an example file somewhere like MediaFire http://www.mediafire.com/ for readers to have a look at it.
RogerW28

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:56 pm    Post subject: Yes prints Impress Reply with quote

Hi jr ----yes it prints in Impress--I'm new so haven't tried much of OO. Thanks for helping.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: