OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Symbol functionality

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Math
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beirirangu

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:18 pm    Post subject: Symbol functionality Reply with quote

Split from Draw: Possible to create my own symbols?
Reason for split: Draw and Math are inherently different, which reflects in the approaches to creation of entities/groups. Also, the term "symbols" carry somewhat different meanings in the two.

i'm having simmilar problems myself... i have been tying to find a simple way to put "½" instead of the "1/2" or "1 over 2" that over doubles the height of the formula...

as well as symbols like "therefore" (∴) and "because" (∵)...

although i have found a way i can change (only change) the symbols they provide in the "Symbols" pop-up... but it doesn't have the symbols i'm looking for half the time...

also... before i forget... how can i imput just "%delta(x)=lbrace matrix{1#x=0##0#x<>0}" instead of having to put the "rbrace" (or some other bracket) at the end?
keme

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Symbol functionality Reply with quote

beirirangu wrote:
also... before i forget... how can i imput just "%delta(x)=lbrace matrix{1#x=0##0#x<>0}" instead of having to put the "rbrace" (or some other bracket) at the end?
Use the left and right keywords with the none token.
%delta(x)=left lbrace matrix{1#x=0##0#x<>0} right none
...or perhaps you wanted...
%delta(x)=left lbrace matrix{infinity#x=0##0#x<>0} right none
beirirangu

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Very Happy i did not find "left/right none" anywhere before

but still... my reason for posting in this was because i was wanting a way to imput symbols you do not carry at the moment...

either way thank you for erything soo far
Jessica321

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:57 am    Post subject: one more advice .... Reply with quote

here is one more good advice for using formulas in context! To make working with formulas easier, use the context menus, which can be called up with a right mouse click. This applies especially to the Commands window. This context menu contains all the commands that are found in the Selection window, and also operators, and so on, which can be inserted into your formula by mouse-click without having to key them into the Commands window.! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Math All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: