OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Bibus & Master Documents

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marvelty
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject: Bibus & Master Documents Reply with quote

I am having a bit of frustration finalizing the bibliography with Bibus 1.1.0/ Ooo 2.0. The bibliography itself is created just fine, and formatted nicely (The new version of Bibus plays much nicer with the mangled numbering in 2.0).

However, when I go to finalize, the only portions of the master that make it to the new doeument are the tables of contents/figures. Is there some secret way to make Bibus play nicely with this, or am I stuck with all my references in unpolished format?

Your help is much appreciated!
Smile
pmartino
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you please explain a bit more. For me it works. What is the exact problem?
Bibus home: http://bibus-biblio.sourceforge.net/
Marvelty
General User
General User

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will try to explain more:
I have created a master document that includes several subdocuments, as well as a table of contents. If I generate a bibliography database, it works fine, and I can use Bibus to format the database, but the in-text references remain unformatted (eg. [10][11][12][15] ). The "finalize" command in Bibus is supposed to open a copy of the current document and format the references to [10-12,15] etc. However, when I run the finalize command, all that is in my 'copy' document that Bibus opens is my table of contents and a few page breaks where my subdocuments would have been. No bibliography, no real text. All I am doing is saving the master document, and clicking "finalize" in Bibus - am I missing a step?
pmartino
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right, it doesn't work as expected. I'm quite sure it was working with OOo1.1.x. It is either a bug in OOo2 or they have changed the way master documents are handled.
In the time beeing, you have 2 solutions:

1) Before finalize, export your master doc to 'OpenOffice Text' format
2) In the master document:
- open the navigator (F5)
- Click the 5th icon (save the content).
- now finalize work.
The problem is that the master file will be much larger because it contains a copy of all the files.
I will have a look for a real fix. I suppose the problem is that the finalize function creates an "OpenDocument Text" and not an "OpenDocument master"
Bibus home: http://bibus-biblio.sourceforge.net/
Marvelty
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent! That workaround is just the thing. I never thought to try the "save contents as well" button....Thank you so much for taking the time to poke around with this - hopefully it's a simple fix one day Smile
madengineer
General User
General User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies for posting to such an old thread.

For me this work-around only partially works - I had exactly the same problem as Marvelty did, but when I save the master document including contents and perform a 'finalise' in Bibus, the references are formatted correctly but the bibliography is not included in the finalised document! (I can manually copy and paste it in from the original master document as a work around, but this seems odd.)

I wonder if anyone else has had similar issues?

Kind regards,
Richard.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: