OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Adding Photos to a Photo Slideshow

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Impress
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sgitlin
General User
General User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:05 am    Post subject: Adding Photos to a Photo Slideshow Reply with quote

I have been using PowerPoint in the past to make photo slideshow presentations. I no longer have access to PP and would like to use Impress for that same purpose. I am brand new to Impress.

I have about 150 photo images that I would like to include in a slideshow but do not see a way to add groups of photos at one time other than to add them one by one via Insert -> Picture -> From File. I know I'm missing something obvious, but I just don't see it. Sad

Thanks in advance for any help.

Stew
bhmt
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this "Impress Photo Album Creator"

http://www.ooomacros.org/user.php#95976 (lots of other good things there, too)

I suggest practicing with an empty presentation.

Also, do most photo processing with image tools before importing into Impress. Check for file size and content.The cropping in Impress (and Writer) just masks what you readily see, but the full photo and its size (bulk) are maintained in the file. The full photo can be again made visible simply by changing the crop settings.
AndrewZ

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's an updated extension at http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/
* BleachBit
</signature>
sgitlin
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:20 am    Post subject: Adding Photos to a Photo Slideshow Reply with quote

Thanks for the pointer to the Photo Album macro. That's exactly what I was looking for. I'm really surprised to find out that that capability is not included in Impress itself.

Thanks again,

Stew
steve_p
General User
General User

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it hard to believe that searching google for any of the following does not return the PhotoAlbum creator in the results.

import images to odp
import images to impress
batch convert images to odp
batch convert images to impress
ooo batch import images
OpenOffice images to presentation
OpenOffice images to impress
jpg2odp
png2odp
jpg2impress
png2impress

I have used the previous version a couple of times. I used imagemagick to resize all the images to a uniform size then I ran the creator. Worked great.
johnvk

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: this is what worked for me today, 3yrs later in 2011 Reply with quote

this is what worked for me today, 3yrs later in 2011
This was OpenOffice.org 3.3.0

I went to
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ooomacros/files/Add-On%20Installer/
file date: 2003-12-21

direct link: http://sourceforge.net/projects/ooomacros/files/Add-On%20Installer/2003-12-21/AddOnInstaller_2003_12_21.zip/download

note, www.ooomacros.org didnt work for me. The End User link loaded but the page said not much more than "Database Error".

I downloaded PhotoAlbum_1-2.zip
unpacked the .zip file using 7-zip. It created PhotoAlbumInstaller_1-2.sxc

i suppose you have to open then with OpenOffice.org calc. So i did. But i got a macro warning. I didnt read this carefully at first. The file created an Install button, but the button did nothing. So i had to do it again.

BEFORE opening the .sxc file i had to go to Tools -> Options -> OpenOffice.org -> Security -> Macro Security and i chose "Medium. Confirmation required before executing macro from untrusted sources."

One might suspect that this macro would be "trusted". But i uploaded both the .zip file and the .sxc file to virustotal.com and that website reported no viruses, so i trusted it.

Then i closed OOo (not sure if this was necessary) and opened it again and again opened the PhotoAlbumInstaller_1-2.sxc file. This time i got a different macro warning dialogue, and i enabled macros. Then the Install button worked. And i followed the instructions. And i closed and re-opened OOo and i had a new menu Tools -> Add-Ons -> Photo Album -> Create Album. (my exact menu is due to my choices when installing the macro).

I resized all my pictures by hand, outside of OOo, one by one, to 1400x1050 (since that is my laptop screen resolution) using "Photo! Editor". This reduced the space of these 122 pictures from 350MB to 45MB. much savings, negligible loss in resolution.

To create the album with the 122 pictures took about 5 minutes during which OOo appeared hung. But process explorer told me it was doing something.

Then Format -> Page -> Background -> Color -> Black took another 5 min. In general, it is slow to work with this presentation.

But i am very happy that i got it all working! :D :D
Chanio

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:43 pm    Post subject: it is the only tool to convert PDF files into PPT Reply with quote

I normally work with Scribus DTP and create great and professional PDFs.
But sometimes, our clients ask for a PowerPoint (ppt) version of the pdf.
Perhaps, to use it as a presentation, or simply to correct some texts or images, by simply writting over the pages with PowerPoint.
There is no way of getting good results by using OO/LO's pdf import extension when there are images and styles involved.
It is not possible to get the same pdf translated into a presentation by using any web application.

So, here comes ImageMagick to the rescue!

1) Convert the pdf into PNG images in an empty directory with ImageMagick and the command line:

convert -verbose -density 200 /media/InterCAMBIO/image/Chris/Aviso.pdf tmp/Aviso.png
"gs" -q -dQUIET -dSAFER -dBATCH -dNOPAUSE -dNOPROMPT -dMaxBitmap=500000000 -dAlignToPixels=0 -dGridFitTT=2 "-sDEVICE=pngalpha" -dTextAlphaBits=4 -dGraphicsAlphaBits=4 "-r200x200" "-sOutputFile=/tmp/magick-2nzxmmhD-%08d" "-f/tmp/magick-63UL8hgO" "-f/tmp/magick-RfxoWifZ"
/tmp/magick-2nzxmmhD-00000001 PNG 2339x1654 2339x1654+0+0 8-bit DirectClass 60.6KB 0.170u 0:00.169
/tmp/magick-2nzxmmhD-00000002 PNG 2339x1654 2339x1654+0+0 8-bit DirectClass 121KB 0.170u 0:00.170
/tmp/magick-2nzxmmhD-00000003 PNG 2339x1654 2339x1654+0+0 8-bit DirectClass 464KB 0.210u 0:00.219

ls tmp/
Aviso-0.png Aviso-1.png Aviso-2.png

2) Create a new Impress presentation with the same size, page orientation, etc. than the original pdf.

3) Call the PhotoAlbum extension pointing to the images directory.

4) Voila! Save the presentation with the .ppt extension or whatever Impress is able to handle.

Please, notice that this is the only possible way that i have found of converting a pdf into ppt .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Impress All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: