OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

X/Y Multiple Data Series Charting Difficulties

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoshBolick
General User
General User

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:12 pm    Post subject: X/Y Multiple Data Series Charting Difficulties Reply with quote

Hello,

I originally posted this in the Calc section but then realized I should have probably posted here instead so here it is:

I am having trouble adding multiple X/Y data series to a chart, each as their own unique line with Java. Basically I just need to add many sets of X/Y data series' each as their own line to a chart in Calc or Writer. I have made some progress but have not been able to find the part of the data model that lets me access controlling each of the data series and ranges individually. Also most of the examples for Calc show the software populating the cells with data, then selecting ranges of them and generating the chart. Which I have all of this working, the only problem is I cannot seem to find the right layout of the X & Y sets that will graph them as individual data series' on the same graph...

Put another way, do you know how I access these "Data Series & Data Ranges" properties of these objects with Java?

I have found a couple examples online but they never seem to give me the few things I am missing.

Also I have seen many examples of this that work with one set of X values and multiple sets of Y values, but what I have are many unique sets of X and Y values and I think this is where I am having trouble. Because I need to graph both unique X and unique Y values for each series not one set of X values and multiple sets of Y values...

Also please let me know if I am missing something, I have been digging around and have not been able to find a good solution to this issue yet and unfortunately our current data systems gather the data in sets of unique X and Y values so I am sorta stuck with this issue because of the way some of our systems were originally designed.

Anyway thanks a lot for your help!

Josh
ms777
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: X/Y Multiple Data Series Charting Difficulties Reply with quote

JoshBolick wrote:
...but what I have are many unique sets of X and Y values and I think this is where I am having trouble.

Hi,

as you cannot achieve that AFAIK with the user interface in calc, I would be very surprised if this is possible using the api.

The workaround I use in such a situation is to concatenate the x arrays, and the y arrays, looking something like this
Code:
x:  x11     ... x1n     x21     ... x2n
y1: y11     ... y1n     <empty> ... <empty>
y2: <empty> ... <empty> y21     ... y2n

Good luck,

ms777
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: