OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Some forum post content gets aligned inside left hand column

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shina00

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:17 pm    Post subject: Some forum post content gets aligned inside left hand column Reply with quote

Why is it that the content of random posts gets aligned inside the left hand column?

Is there a setting I can alter in my browser to correct this?Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter I'm using Firefox in Ubuntu with Adblock plus, Zotero, and Ziink plugins.

Or does everyone experience this?

It affects readability, though I can still read the posts.

Last edited by shina00 on Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total
floris_v

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you post a link to a page that displays wrong? I suspect that it has to do with wide images or things like that. Note that the forum software is no longer updated.
keme

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seemingly random errors are the hardest ones to track down. Some possible causes for the problem at hand:

There may be a problem with your signal path (network lines, proxy, firewall), causing error/loss of "td tags". The system uses a table container to organize layout, so if the td tag for post content is lost, the output does not skip from poster info (left) to post content (right). This kind of error should be automatically caught and corrected, but with some network setups the correction mechanisms lose their track. If you can test with other computers on your network, and/or your computer on a different network, it might help to nail down the cause.

Also, Ziink may be mistracking, interpreting the content part of the post as some sort of followup. Not sure how intrusive it is, so for all I know that may be an impossible effect. I do not use it myself. I don't think that your other plugins can cause such behaviour, but you can do a quick test by running FF in safe mode (no plugins).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Site Feedback All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: