OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

[Solved] spell check not working (version 3.4.3.)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buddhagal
General User
General User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:20 pm    Post subject: [Solved] spell check not working (version 3.4.3.) Reply with quote

The spell check is not working on version 3.4.3 (just downloaded). My OS is vista 7.
Any help would be appreciated.

Tagged as solved - floris v, moderator
floris_v

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reset your user profile. Click here for help how to do that.

If your problem has been solved, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
buddhagal
General User
General User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:42 pm    Post subject: need more help please Reply with quote

I think I found the right screen but I did not understand the directions at the link provided.
I typed what was on the screen below. If this is the wrong screen then I need more help getting to the right screen, and then what to do when I get there. If it is the right screen, I need an explanation as to what I am supposed to do. I am a non techie so non tech language heavy help would be appreciated.

Screen Info from Options-LibreOffice-Paths

Auto Correct C:\users\fox\AppData\Roaming\libreoffice\3\user\autocorrect
Auto Text same \autotext
Backups same \backups
Gallery same \gallery
Graphics same \graphics
My Documents C:\users\fox\documents
Templates C:\programfiles (x86)\LibreOffice3.4\basis\share\template
Temporary Files C:\users\fox\AppData\Local\Temp
floris_v

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rename C:\users\fox\AppData\Roaming\libreoffice\3\user to C:\users\fox\AppData\Roaming\libreoffice\3\userold - close LibreOffice before you do that.

Last edited by floris_v on Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
buddhagal
General User
General User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:34 pm    Post subject: a lttle more help Reply with quote

First, I realized I gave you the wrong OS. I do not have Vista I have Windows 7. Don't know if that will make a difference in my next question.

Clicked on C:\Users...autocorr. I could not figure out how to edit line. Edit button on screen only took me to a screen where I could do a couple of things, none of them edit the line.

If I could edit the line should it be changed to
C:\users\fox\AppData\Roaming\libreoffice\3\userold

If so, how do I get access to edit the line?
thomasjk
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to use Windows Explorer. Click on the folder icon in the Task Bar to start.
BillP
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: a lttle more help Reply with quote

buddhagal wrote:
First, I realized I gave you the wrong OS. I do not have Vista I have Windows 7. Don't know if that will make a difference in my next question.

Clicked on C:\Users...autocorr. I could not figure out how to edit line. Edit button on screen only took me to a screen where I could do a couple of things, none of them edit the line.

If I could edit the line should it be changed to
C:\users\fox\AppData\Roaming\libreoffice\3\userold

If so, how do I get access to edit the line?

You can't rename the folder by "editing the line". The line contains the path to the folder. If you "edit the line", you're just changing the path, not the folder name. You should see the "user" folder in the Navigation pane on the left side of Windows Explorer. To rename the folder, right-click the folder in the Navigation pane and select Rename.
buddhagal
General User
General User

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:04 pm    Post subject: I'm Lost Reply with quote

So it turns out I was in the wrong screen to begin with (libreoffice instead of Windows)

But I need more detailed help with the directions-"You should see the "user" folder in the Navigation pane on the left side of Windows Explorer. To rename the folder, right-click the folder in the Navigation pane and select Rename."

I clicked on Windows icon on lower left of my screen-I got a list-fox (user), documents, pictures etc. Contol panel, devices and printers, default programs... on the right. And a list of programs on the left including libreoffice, google...

Is this the right screen to start the process of renameing the file? If so how do I find the file, what should it look like. And what exactly should I rename it.

If this is not the right screen then I need more help getting to the right screen then what to do once I am there.

Please me patient with me. Like I said before I am a non techie and am doing the best I can to understand the help you've given me Smile
floris_v

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You really need a friend or neighbour who can help you find your way in Windows.

Press the Windows key and W simultaneously to open Windows Explorer. Double click on the icon for the C drive, double click on the folder users and continue double clicking on a folder name, following the path C:\users\fox\AppData\Roaming\libreoffice\3\
If you can't find appdata in fox, click on the Extra menu, select Folder options, select the View tab and scroll down until you spot the item Hidden file sand folders. Mark the option Show hidden files and folders. Click OK to confirm and continue. Change the name of the folder user to something else. Restart OOo.
buddhagal
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:02 pm    Post subject: Got It! Reply with quote

I actually typed the path in "search programs and files" box. That got me to the correct screen. Then I renamed user to userold. Went to libre office to see if spell check worked. It did. Thank you all for your help Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: