OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Misalignment of vectors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Draw
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnTho
General User
General User

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:15 pm    Post subject: Misalignment of vectors Reply with quote

Hello, I'm new here so I apologise if this topic has been covered elsewhere. I used the search facility but couldn't find anything.

I have just started to use Open Office Draw and am impressed with it's capabilities but have immediately noticed some problems. When I draw objects such as lines or rectangles which I want to manually align with one another I find the alignment changes according to the zoom ratio, so if I zoom up for greater accuracy, align the objects, then zoom back down they are then not perfectly aligned and, in fact, don't print aligned either.

I've also noticed that when moving an object to align it part of the adjacent object sometimes gets corrupted, though scrolling them off screen and back corrects this.

The objects can also go into and out of alignment if they are moved as a group a step at a time using the cursor keys so I'm assuming this whole problem is something to do with rounding errors in the code.

Another, possibly related, problem is that the guide lines when moving objects are a bit hit-and-miss. Sometimes they are present, sometimes not. I wonder if this is a graphics card problem although my driver is up-to-date.

I'm using the latest version of Open Office, 3.3.0, and was wondering if anyone has thoughts on any of these issues.

M.J.T.

Intel Core-i5 3.3MHz, 8GB RAM, 2 x 1TB WD10EARS drives, Asus Nvidia GT440 graphics, Windows 7 Proff. 64-bit SP1.
JohnTho
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:30 am    Post subject: All quiet on the Office Draw front..... Reply with quote

No comments so far, so I'll bump this with the additional information that I have been able to get objects to align accurately by enabling them to snap together. Whilst this has resolved the immediate issue it has only disguised what must be an inherent bug in the rounding algorithms. The other graphics issues remain unresolved.

M.J.T.

Intel Core-i5 3.3MHz, 8GB RAM, 2 x 1TB WD10EARS drives, Asus Nvidia GT440 graphics, Windows 7 Proff. 64-bit SP1.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Draw All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: