OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Macro to obtain cell info

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
richhill
OOo Advocate
OOo Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:23 am    Post subject: Macro to obtain cell info Reply with quote

I have a macro that grabs control of the mouse and when I click on the spreadsheet - it returns the x,y coords of the mouse.

I'm looking for a hint as to how to determine which cell the mouse is over - in order that I can do some predefined operation (change background color)
David
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Macro to obtain cell info Reply with quote

richhill wrote:
I have a macro that grabs control of the mouse and when I click on the spreadsheet - it returns the x,y coords of the mouse.

I'm looking for a hint as to how to determine which cell the mouse is over - in order that I can do some predefined operation (change background color)

I have no idea how you determine your (x,y) coordinates, but don't they tell you precisely that? They may not be in consecutive numerical order, but there should be some definite mathematical relationship. If you move from one cell to another left to right the mouse coordinate will change by some fixed amount for each cell position? When I say I have no idea, I mean that I don't know if the coordinates you determine change by 1 or by 21 by the time you move from one cell to the next. However, the change should be regular.

David.
DannyB

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:22 am    Post subject: Re: Macro to obtain cell info Reply with quote

richhill wrote:

From my Calc Examples thread, in this particular message
http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=33524#33524
I wrote....
DannyB wrote:
Here is a routine Henrik wrote to find a cell's position based upon its coordinates.

http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=33486#33486

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: