OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Linked file keeps coming back even if I break link

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trevorh7000
General User
General User

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:15 am    Post subject: Linked file keeps coming back even if I break link Reply with quote

Following on my previous question about finding out which files are linked to which was answered in record time - thanks Ken!

So I discovered why this spreadhseet was asking me to update the lnked file each time I opened it by going to Edit | Links

The culprit is a non existant file in /home/wildfig/Documents/pmt-sep.A

The file simply is not there and I never intentionally linked to another file. There is an option to break the link which I do and then I save the spreadsheet but on opening it again it prompts to upate the linked files and on checking Edit | Links the phantom linked file is there again.

Open Office 3.2.0 on Ubuntu 10.04.3. The spreadsheet as 57 tabs and the main tab has 25000 rows and it is password protected. I have some tabs that have pmt-sep in them.

I could try an copy out all the information into a new spreadsheet - but if I can fix the problem all the better.

Thanks

Trev
mgroenescheij
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

It should be nice if you provide a link to your previous question so we know what your talking about.

Martin
trevorh7000
General User
General User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not provide a link to the original question as it did not have any relevance to this question - but to summarize I asked how to see which files were being linked to and the answer was to use Edit | Links - this showed me the file that was being linked to in my spreadhseet that is a phantom file and does not exist.

The link that even when broken comes back to haunt me

Thanks

Trev
Villeroy
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as any cell formula, conditional format, range name or validation condition refers to 'file:///path/name.ods'#$Sheet.X99 the link will be created on every recalculation. Use the find/replace tool to find all formulas referring to that file and do whatever you find appropriate with these references.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: