OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

using scroll wheel to move between slides, previewing thumbs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Impress
View previous topic :: View next topic  
webazoid
General User
General User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 5:29 am    Post subject: using scroll wheel to move between slides, previewing thumbs Reply with quote

Is there a way to enable scrolling to move onto the next slide? i.e. scrolling down or up w/ mouse button only moves the canvas up/down rather than proceed to the next slide (which requires a Page Up/Dn). Additionally, is there a view similar to ppt that the left side of the screen has thumbnails which u can scroll up and down w/ ur mouse wheel or the up/dn arrow? thansk.
webazoid
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: using scroll wheel to move between slides, previewing th Reply with quote

webazoid wrote:
Is there a way to enable scrolling to move onto the next slide? i.e. scrolling down or up w/ mouse button only moves the canvas up/down rather than proceed to the next slide (which requires a Page Up/Dn). Additionally, is there a view similar to ppt that the left side of the screen has thumbnails which u can scroll up and down w/ ur mouse wheel or the up/dn arrow? thansk.

any updates?
hohead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!
I cannot believe that this feature has not been implemented into OOo Impress!?
The scroll wheel is such a basic essential tool to switch between slides!!
Unless somehow this feature is patented or something... I cannot possibly think of any reason why this can't be done in Impress?
It's amazing annoying to have to manually click to the next slide each time. This is reason enough to not use Ooo Impress!!

Please! Implement this feature! OOo Impress is useless without it!
sanelson
General User
General User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second this!
zacwitte

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indeed! how could anyone use impress without these basic functions?? SOO annoying and makes me want to go back to powerpoint.
wowimsocute
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have there been any solutions or workarounds to this problem? i would really at least be able to use the arrow keys to move left/right. scroll would be awesome though.
sephiroth

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with everyone else here. I am a new user and have absolutely no complaints except for the lack of these conveniences.
lwestfall

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: Scroll Wheel is a HUGE feature MSPP has up on OOoI Reply with quote

I totally agree with everyone here. Flipping through slides is hands-down done best with the scroll wheel. Could you please include this in a little update sometime soon? We will LOVE you even more for it and FINALLY be happy to preach OOo to my colleagues/friends! Smile (BTW, I think the thumbnail list should also scroll much faster/farther-per-scroll-wheel-notch than it does currently.) Good luck and thank you for all your great work!

Lincoln Smile
lwestfall

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: Where to vote? Reply with quote

I voted for http://www.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=19944 and a couple other (much older) similar issues. But I haven't seen one talking specifically about going through the slides in PRESENTATION view (AS WELL as in Drawing view) using the scroll wheel on the mouse. Any tips? It would be nice if issue tracker searches listed results in reverse chronological order....

Thanks,
Lincoln Smile
Rayc31415

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to post this because I hate seeing threads discussing problems without a fix, even though there is one. Scroll out (CTRL+scrollwheel) until the up-down scroll bar is unmovable, then use the scroll wheel to flip through slides. Then scroll back in.

If someone knows how to change the default up-down size, you wouldn't even have to scroll out. I'm sure it's in one of the preference menus.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Impress All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: