OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stefankalte
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:28 am    Post subject: Question Reply with quote

did somebody know the possibility for not printing text like in MS-O where i can say with format zeichen for the function ausgeblendet.
i found something like iinsert function hidden text but it is not the same for me an for the normal users, is there some other possibility to have it like in MS-O and have the same result!!
I don't find the solution maybe someone has just ask this problem!

thanks stefan
--
using OOo 3.1.0
ftack

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The functionality for hiding text in OOo is either through the 'hidden text' field or by using 'hidden sections'. With 'hidden sections', you can hide or display portions of the document depending on a condition, great for example when you want to maintain two versions of a document, for example a software manual for a 'Lite' and a 'Pro' version, depending on a condition. You could also use a hidden section to store all kinds of variables for use in fields.

In MS Word, "hidden" is treated as formatting. Sometimes, this is more convenient than the Writer implementation, but Word's hidden function option would never allow for such powerfull conditional document creation.
stefankalte
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:04 am    Post subject: yes Reply with quote

thats right so a function like in ms-o don't exist or not.
that what you described i tried in mail merge with hidden text like i have the information from the www.wernerroth.de/staroffice/dokus/serienbr.html
the other option to use a "rahmen" border is not satisfaction for me because the place that the "rahmen" take remains empty so it is uninteresting for me to use.

you spoke about a manual i don't understand to make in this a condition "bedingung" with this field to switch it on or off easy. is it right that you use it to stamp with the mail merge or you use "bereiche", but how you make it visibile faster?

At the end i'am coming back to my fist question, i need only a easy possibility when i print my file some text don't print like in ms-o with formating text an hide it. i need something easy to use and not things for mail marge, only easy for normal user, nothing special or complicated!!!

thanks stefan
--
using OOo 3.1.0
ftack

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the Help system, "hidden text; text tutorial" lists all possibilities for hiding text in OOo. Perhaps you can explain the purpose of what you want to achieve and why. There could be alternative solutions for your case that could work better than that particular Word feature.
stefankalte
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:29 am    Post subject: I need Reply with quote

i need the follow for ex.
lot of text non printable text lot for text non printable text
mybe something like text
name ________ resident ________ born _______ date (non printable text [for ex. 12.03.2004]) ________
Short Biografie (non printable text[make the follow question: witch job he maked, where he worked, ...]):
-------------------------------
the result printed must be the follow:
name stefan resident brixen born brixen date 01.01.1970
Short Biografie:
start studing year , blablabla

For me this can be interessant for online questionary to write a protokoll for an patient.
i maked an issue about this and the state is solved in the preversion of OOo 2.0 now at the time relased at 1.9 49

I forget to say that this must be so easy to make it like in MS-Word because to creat this documents are normal users

If in OOo this is not possible so i must search alternative products

Thanks stefan
--
using OOo 3.1.0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: