OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

recover file window too big for netbook screen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dougsa

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: recover file window too big for netbook screen Reply with quote

I have been using OpenOffice writer and calc for some time and installed on a windows net book with a 5" x 8 1/2" screen. There was a problem with a file retrieval and I got the
The File Recovery window that starts at the beginning of your session. It has a Cancel button. but the window is deeper than my screen and I can not see it or click.
As a result I am unable to use any OpenOffice program on this little computer. I even tried uninstalling the entire suite and reinstalling. But as soon as I tried to launch one of the programs, the window survived the uninstall and popped up, preventing me from going further.
How do I get rid of it? If I had an external monitor, I would plug it in and take care of it but I don't.

Thanks for any help,
floris_v

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delete the file registrymodifications.xcu in your user profile.Click here for help about the user profile.
thomasjk
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See this post http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=139086&highlight= for some help with the window size.
dougsa

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: recover file window too big for netbook screen Reply with quote

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately, the tutorial directs you to go through the OpenOffice.com menu to find the path to the registry and, of course, until I get rid of the incredibly unshrinkable file recovery window, it won't allow me to open any openoffice.com entity. I borrowed a monitor from a neighbor and the problem is resolved.
However, I strongly suggest to OpenOffice that they do not employ non-resizeable windows that are too big for small computer screens. Netbooks are handy devices and there are a lot of them out there with their 8 1/2 x 9 inch screens.
Doug
floris_v

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: recover file window too big for netbook screen Reply with quote

dougsa wrote:
Thanks for the help. Unfortunately, the tutorial directs you to go through the OpenOffice.com menu to find the path to the registry and, of course, until I get rid of the incredibly unshrinkable file recovery window, it won't allow me to open any openoffice.com entity. I borrowed a monitor from a neighbor and the problem is resolved.
However, I strongly suggest to OpenOffice that they do not employ non-resizeable windows that are too big for small computer screens. Netbooks are handy devices and there are a lot of them out there with their 8 1/2 x 9 inch screens.
Doug

Please explain yourself. The tutorial about the user profile does not require you to start OOo. It lists where you can find the profile, dependent on the OS on your computer. You don't need to start OOo to do that - in fact it's probably better not to have OOo open when you mess with the user profile.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: