OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Signature and offset

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lelol

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:39 pm    Post subject: Signature and offset Reply with quote

Hi all,

After Partitiion Magic and I totally messed up my HD (end of one partition overlapping the beginning of the next), I'm desperate to recover a few sxc and sxw files that are... that were ... in my home directory. Easy Recovery managed to recover an impressive number of files, but since they were on an ext3 messed-up drive, these aren't sorted !! Quite hard to figure out which file I am looking for. Anyway, In order to help the app find my files back, I would like to know what kind of info I should enter in easyrecovery filters : signature and offset...

Or, even, what better idea do you have to help me here?

Thanks for your help

Laurent
r_vinoya
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry can't help you exactly... BUT i suggest you repost your question in another forum... like
Setup and Trouble Shooting: http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=1
or
General Discussion: http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=7

** Edit from moderator: the thread has been moved **
David
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: Signature and offset Reply with quote

lelol wrote:
Hi all,

After Partitiion Magic and I totally messed up my HD (end of one partition overlapping the beginning of the next), I'm desperate to recover a few sxc and sxw files that are... that were ... in my home directory. Or, even, what better idea do you have to help me here?

Thanks for your help

Laurent

I'd write to the program authors [Partition Magic AND Easy recovery] for specific advice along with a complaint.

David.
lelol

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Signature and offset Reply with quote

Quote:

I'd write to the program authors [Partition Magic AND Easy recovery] for specific advice along with a complaint.

David.

Ok! I'll try that .... without much hope...

Ta!

Laurent[/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: