OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Can you create a scrolling marquee in calc?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sithlyone
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Can you create a scrolling marquee in calc? Reply with quote

Hello, I am unsure if my querry is even possible under the confines of Calc, but I'll ask anyway.

Is there a way to make a scrolling marquee within a cell in calc?

I know how to write one in html, and I've seen that you can open html in a spreadsheet but when I do that the scrolling part of the marquee is lost and the text just appears.

I've also seen that others have done this in impress or so they say, but I am looking to do this in a spreadsheet.

Thank you for your help.
ken johnson
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't be done in a cell but can be done in a textbox (T icon on the Drawing Toolbar).
Right-click the textbox then choose Text from the popup menu to bring up the Text dialogue.
This dialogue has an Animation tabsheet where you can control the text's animation.

Ken Johnson
Sithlyone
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ken johnson wrote:
Can't be done in a cell but can be done in a textbox (T icon on the Drawing Toolbar).
Right-click the textbox then choose Text from the popup menu to bring up the Text dialogue.
This dialogue has an Animation tabsheet where you can control the text's animation.

Ken Johnson

Ok, thank you very much. I'm having a issue with figuring out how to edit the text. i.e. size/ font/ font formats.

Also I would like to make the text box as a layer over top of a few cells, all the while being able to click on the cells behind it and not bring up the edit box points. Is this possible?
ozzie
OOo Advocate
OOo Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double click within the box to edit text and at this stage, if you right click you can access some font attributes.
2nd question - I don't think so.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: