OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Using Base / OOo for invoice system?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
awfulquiet

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:54 am    Post subject: Using Base / OOo for invoice system? Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for an OOo solution to create an invoice and database system for a very, very small business (so budget is nil).

Are there any ready-made solutions ?

Essentially, we need to:

Create an invoice that is saved to the database, the invoice would contain multiple lines with different fields depending on the product ordered.

Or is there a tutorial which I can download / buy on Amazon that can help me set one up?

Thanks,
Awfers

PS: I tried searching but got 8001 positive search results.. A quick glance at which none would solve my issue...
brian4m
OOo Enthusiast
OOo Enthusiast

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:13 pm    Post subject: An example Reply with quote

I developed a database for a friend who deals in books on Natural history and specifically Birds. At https://sites.google.com/site/brian4mswebsite/book-dealer is a subset of the database. There is also an explanation of what I did and why.

He has been using it for a number of months so it might be worth exploring. I am happy to field any questions.

Brian
duanem
General User
General User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:18 am    Post subject: Example database error Reply with quote

I downloaded this example database works very nicely execpt for the invoicing part when i hit the button to produce an invoice the following piece of code is highlighted in the macro

DB=Context.getByName("Book Dealer")

I have download the orcale report reader extension and cannot find what else could be wrong.
brian4m
OOo Enthusiast
OOo Enthusiast

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The database has to be registered as follows -
Tools then Options then OpenOffice/LibreOffice then Databases click New then Browse to the database then OK.

To see if I can reproduce your problem I removed the registration and got the same error.

I used the Oracle Report Builder but your error is happening before the Report Builder is actioned.

Hopefully the above helps you to progress.

Brian
niekd

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Brian,

I was looking for an example of an OOo application that uses Base and macros for basic invoicing. Now from your experience one can learn something! Thanks so much for posting this.

Niek
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: