OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

How to create a list in hierarchy or tree format?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sonja

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:23 pm    Post subject: How to create a list in hierarchy or tree format? Reply with quote

I am creating a list of chess moves. Currently the list is in bullets and sub-bullets as the possibilities branch out. I want to convert this to an easier-to-follow tree or hierarchy view, where you see arrowed lines.

Is this a feature of OO? I also have MS Word if anybody knows how to do this in Word too.

Peace,

Sonja
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ftack

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is not exactly clear to me what you want, but you can customize bullets in Writer and make the 'bullets' different arrows for different outline levels.

Steps:

* Open Stylist (F11)
* Press 'Numbering styles' button
* Right-click stylist, select New
* Enter a name in the Name box of the Numbering Style dialog, e.g. Arrows
* You can have predefined choices on the "Bullets", "Numbering Style" and "Outline" tabs. You could start making a choice there. You can further tweak to your liking on the 'Position' and the 'Options' tabs.

You could also consider using draw with text elements and arrow connectors for making a more graphical list.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: