OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Upgrading 3.2 to 3.3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rhuby

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Upgrading 3.2 to 3.3 Reply with quote

I downloaded OpenOffice v3.3 and tried to install it. Previously I installed v3.2.

In the process of instalation the installer cound not find "openofficeorg32.msi". I coundn't either, so I Canceled and the instaltion process aborted.

I deleted almost every file and folder from the "OpenOffice.org 3" folder contained in "program files" folder. The only two files I couldn't delete were shlxthdl.dll and stlport_vc7145.dll.

I tried again and had the same problem. How do I proceed?

Thanks in advance.
floris_v

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normally you should run the msi, so what install file do you have? Did you download from www.openoffice.org or from a site link to from there or from somewhere else?
rhuby

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded OOo_3.3.0_Win_x86_install-wJRE_es.exe and dobleclicked to install. I suspect that ending the installation process, it deletes the previous version openofficeorg32.msi. But it didn't found the file and couldn't consitue. So now I am without v3.2 and v3.3. No OpenOffice.
BillP
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See if you can reinstall OOo 3.2. A hidden msi file is usually used to uninstall the old version. The installer is asking for openofficeorg32.msi because that hidden file can't be found, but the openofficeorg32.msi file is a temporary installation file which is usually deleted after OOo is installed. If OOo 3.2 can be reinstalled, you should then be able to upgrade to OOo 3.3.

Programs in Windows can't be deleted by simply deleting the Program Files. Installed programs have many registry entries which must also be deleted. It's these registry entries that prevent you from installing OOo 3.3.
rhuby

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Don't find v3.2 Reply with quote

I looked for v3.2 in http://www.openoffice.org/download/index.html and coudn't find it. DO you know where can I look to download v3.2?
BillP
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://filehippo.com/download_openoffice/7009/
paser

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect that ending the installation process, it deletes the previous version openofficeorg32.msi. But it didn't found the file and couldn't consitue.

Deleted image link - floris v, moderator
supermin
General User
General User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The installer is asking for openofficeorg32.msi because that hidden file can't be found, but the openofficeorg32.msi file is a temporary installation file which is usually deleted after OOo is installed. If OOo 3.2 can be reinstalled, you should then be able to upgrade to OOo 3.3.
Deleted image link - floris v, moderator
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: