OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Expandable/Collapsible Tables

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Akexis

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Expandable/Collapsible Tables Reply with quote

Or divs.

Or anything that might work.

I've taken a look around, but generally most forum threads discussing anything table related often refers to Calc and I specifically want this usability in Writer. I have Subjects(Headers) that have relevant data below them, but some have God awful amounts of info and it would be nice to only look at it if I need it.

I just had a thought however... I started to wonder if Open Office does scripting and it looks like it does, at least for Javascript. Haven't found any other languages. I'm going to try and cook up a script and if I manage it I'll post it in case anyone else ever needs this, but in the mean time, if anyone has a simple solution that's already built into the API I'd love to hear it.

I don't mind cracking my scripting knuckles on occasion but I've got a ton of other stuff I'm doing so if I can save the time that would be ideal. (Ah, daydreaming about an ideal world...)
floris_v

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better first check that hiding table rows is supported - I have a hunch that it isn't. Note that just because you can write code in JavaScript doesn't mean that OOo's file format is a variant of HTML with CSS. It isn't.
Akexis

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read about how that might be possible in Calc and you can import a table as an OLE object into Writer - but I don't want to have a separate doc for this. I'd rather just deal with the long document. Smile

Thanks for the note about it not being regular Javascript. I've done scripting for PDFs in the past which have their own functions and classes and -assumed- it would be a similar case with OpenOffice. Which is why hunting out writing a script is going to take time. With an html document it'd take about five minutes.

I appreciate the speedy feedback.
JohnV
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
can import a table as an OLE object into Writer - but I don't want to have a separate doc for this. I'd rather just deal with the long document.
You can insert a Calc OLE object that is not from another file.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: