OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

AutoValue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
praks

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:27 am    Post subject: AutoValue Reply with quote

Hi everybody, am new to this forum. Would like to get help on OO base AutoValue. I create a table with a field property set to integer and as primary key. I chek the Auto value to true and save the table. however, when i open the table to insert data, the error message says that the field cannot be left blank and the autoValue defaults to "No" automatically.

please help. Thanks in advance.
Billyray
OOo Enthusiast
OOo Enthusiast

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the Forum! Very Happy To get helpful answers, you should have a signature prepared like mine below. It makes a difference what database you are connected to, or if you are using the internal one. What is your operating system, and what version of OOo are you using.
praks

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:04 am    Post subject: AutoValue Reply with quote

HI, Thank You. I am using OO version 3.0, in windows as standalone mode. Not connecting to any db. using inbuilt db to create table.
The error message is
"SQL Status: 23000
Error code: -10

Attempt to insert null into a non-nullable column: column: id table: Table1 in statement [INSERT INTO "Table1" ( "name") VALUES ( ?)]"

Thanks Once again.
Shiva Prakash
Villeroy
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy fix:
Create a new table.
Copy the contents from the old table to the new one. Drag the new table icon over the old one and choose "append data".
Delete the old table.
Rebuild any relations.
praks

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No no no. There are no records. The moment i try to enter records by skipping the auto value field the error message pops-up.
Using ooobase 3.0 on windows 7, with in-built db. no external connections to the db.
Billyray
OOo Enthusiast
OOo Enthusiast

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using 32 bit or 64 bit Windows 7?
davidp0418

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem as the other user above. I have Open Office 3.4.0 (current version) using the internal database and setting the primary key to an integer field type, I select autovalue to YES and as soon as a save it it changes from YES to NO. Even when using the wizard to create a database and when I get to the primary key and select autovalue to yes, when I exit the wizard the primary key is not a YES but a NO.

I'm not trying to edit an already existing database but creating a new database from scratch. It could also be I'm not creating it correctly.

I'm using Windows 32bit version on Vista

Could there be a bug in the current version as to why the autovalue isn't staying at a YES?
dacm
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davidp0418 wrote:
Could there be a bug in the current version as to why the autovalue isn't staying at a YES?

While this is not normally an issue with the default "embedded database" file format, bugs tend to swarm the Data Definition tools in Base.
See: The Frozen 'Field Property' Workaround (adjusting Table structures with Base including AutoValue Primary Keys and Default values)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: