OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

is automatic placement possible?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrpuppy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: is automatic placement possible? Reply with quote

I am trying to use the snapshot feature to copy and paste a 19 line block of text from adobe reader x into an open office document,I need to place 4 different 19 line blocks of text per page into the open office writer,but every time I do 1 block of text,the second block of text I copy/paste is superimposed over the first block of text with those damn little green squares so that I have to drag every block of text and place it manually where it's supposed to go,WHICH WOULD OBVIOUSLY BE DIRECTLY BENEATH,BENEATH,BENEATH,NOT SUPERIMPOSED OVER THE FIRST BLOCK OF TEXT I ALREADY COPY/PASTED,THUS FORCING ME TO HAVE TO DRAG EVERY BLOCK OF TEXT TO THE CORRECT PLACE ON THE PAGE MANUALLY Embarassed Embarassed Evil or Very Mad ,so my question is this,is there any way to get the open office writer to do this automatically???,thank you Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
mgroenescheij
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Quote:
I am trying to use the snapshot feature to copy and paste a 19 line block of text from adobe reader x into an open office document,I need to place 4 different 19 line blocks of text per page into the open office writer,but every time I do 1 block of text,the second block of text I copy/paste is superimposed over the first block of text with those damn little green squares so that I have to drag every block of text and place it manually where it's supposed to go,WHICH WOULD OBVIOUSLY BE DIRECTLY BENEATH,BENEATH,BENEATH,NOT SUPERIMPOSED OVER THE FIRST BLOCK OF TEXT I ALREADY COPY/PASTED,THUS FORCING ME TO HAVE TO DRAG EVERY BLOCK OF TEXT TO THE CORRECT PLACE ON THE PAGE MANUALLY Embarassed Embarassed Evil or Very Mad ,so my question is this,is there any way to get the open office writer to do this automatically???,thank you Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
First of all you should ask your questions nicer, there is no reason to shout.
Second, OpenOffice doesn't do anything automatically. You are in control where you want the copied content to be placed. You place your cursor at the required insertion point.
After the copy you press the enter key and copy the next block of text.

My question is why do you use the snapshot feature for copying text? Snapshots make image files.

Martin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: