OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Can't Locate Installed OpenOffice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fulcanelli

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Can't Locate Installed OpenOffice Reply with quote

I just downloaded OpenOffice today from http://www.openoffice.us.com/ onto a new laptop, Windows 7. It went through the entire downloading process and the message that the installation was complete came up. Then I went to look for it and couldn't find the program. The installation did not create a desktop Icon. I looked in START>All Programs and also checked in the control panel in the area for programs, and it wasn't listed in either place. I also installed OpenPDF and it installed fine.

Any suggestions on finding the program on my computer?
floris_v

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Download from www.openoffice.org instead. Version 3.3 has been around for about a year, and 3.4 is forthcoming, so the site you link to is behind the times.
RobartGilbert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Fulcanelli,

if you can not find your shortcut icon then you need to go your c drive then program file and then find the installed folder which folder you install and if you cant seen it then its not installed properly so that you need install again. also you can replace your openoffice with ms office in your window.

Thanks | see if this helps
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: