OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Impossible? Giant dropdown list needed, multiple selections?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keiko_Amaya

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Impossible? Giant dropdown list needed, multiple selections? Reply with quote

Hi all!

I am pretty new to Base, very new, but am really excited about designing something to help me record important information, including patient details and test results; I have been doing OK so far, and think that I will (eventually) have a great database.... BUT...

I need a drop down list that holds a really huge amount of data! I have to select multiple values on this list and really REALLY hope it can be done.

I have a list of common medications, and in my records, I need to record medication details for my patients - some of whom have a list of 15 or so medications from the bigger list (which is 1500ish entries long)

Ideally, what I would like is to be able to select multiple medications from this list, either by highlighting (or preferably) using a tick box, and then have the medications appear as a list, or in a box, on the clinical report that I will generate once the testing is complete and all the results are recorded.

I also have other lists - not nearly so long - that I would like to select multiple entries from. If anyone could direct me to a tutorial IF this can be done, I would be ever so grateful, and ever so happy!

Please help - many thanks Smile
Villeroy
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Each person belongs to many products and vice versa. That is a many-to-many (m-n) relation.
Base tutorials
One example with one-to-many and many-to-many
another m-n example
It takes
- 3 tables products, persons and prescriptions mapping products to persons.
- A main form for persons, a subform for presecriptions with a list box of products.
- A main form for products, a subform for presecriptions with a list box of persons.
Keiko_Amaya

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! I will do the tutorial tonight and give it a go :/ Another rainy day at work for me now though!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: