OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Line spacing? Solved

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jiml2
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Line spacing? Solved Reply with quote

I seem to consistently get a line spacing anomaly,

At the start of a document the lines space normally. But under the same conditions, in the last part of it the lines are all crammed together.

And they stay that way when I put it into/out of an ebook program.

I noticed just recently that, on one document at least, the scrunch started on a chapter heading. I don't remember if it was before or after adding the H1 attribs.

Am I the only one getting this?

Last edited by jiml2 on Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total
floris_v

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you upload a sample at for instance www.mediafire.com?
jiml2
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

floris_v wrote:
Can you upload a sample at for instance www.mediafire.com?

I don't have a subscription to such a place, but here's a small jpg that shows how it looks.
http://s1094.photobucket.com/albums/i442/Jim_LL/?action=view&current=Captured004.jpg
FallenAvatar
General User
General User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is strange, I have never had mine do that. I will sometimes get a visual anomaly when I have a lot running, but saving, closing and re-opening fixes it...and that is usually characters not showing up correctly. It would help if you could make a test page that was not the castle book you are working on and upload it for us to look at and see what is going on.
floris_v

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screen shots don't help, I'm afraid. You can sign up at the new forum (see my sig for the link) and upload your file there. Make sure to post a link in this topic though.
jiml2
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FallenAvatar wrote:
That is strange, I have never had mine do that. I will sometimes get a visual anomaly when I have a lot running, but saving, closing and re-opening fixes it...and that is usually characters not showing up correctly. It would help if you could make a test page that was not the castle book you are working on and upload it for us to look at and see what is going on.

I have nothing but Castle stuff.

I think I have figured out the problem. At least I know how to fix it.

At least some of you know what fanfics are. The documents I build are chapters from a Castle fanfic operation. Each chapter comes from the same series, but I have seen variations from one chapter to another - not least of which is loading extra top and bottom text box lines into OO.

Sometimes I get centered text on a download, even when the onscreen copy was left aligned, then when I download it again it comes through left aligned. Making sure to sneak up on the last character and never highlight past that seems to guarantee a proper download.

I can only guess that some attributes vary, more specifically the line spacing attributes, given that the changes go by chapters, not position in the document as I previously thought.

I went through this one to be sure there were no extra CR's, highlighted the entire document and set it to one line spacing value. That works.

I'm not sure if it is the variation from one author upload to the next or the freaky system I get them from. Apparently very old software. They must have attributes immediately adjacent to the end of text.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: