OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Phone Number Format

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Manjake150

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Phone Number Format Reply with quote

I was making a phone list for a large group of people and though " you know, it would be SO much easier if there was a format for phone numbers" so i was wondering if this could possibly be implimented or if i could add this format to the currently available ones i would like to format the number like this (###)###-#### but i have no idea how to do it. if this could be addressed that would be nice. Smile
UmTheMuse
General User
General User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there. I actually know the answer to this one (yay me!). Right click a cell and choose to format the cell. You should be in the Numbers tab, but if not, click on it. Now, see at the bottom where it says Format code? Type in (000) 000-0000
The zeroes show the computer exactly how many digits you should expect to see. The parentheses should show up automatically after you finish typing in the number.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: