OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Flushing data to a OOo Base database
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RPG
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

There was earlier partly the same question Data not recorded in a table in a database. In the end there you find the solution for that thread. The problem there: the database was opened from the filemanager and the database opened with a macro a form. There was no time to make a connection to the database.

Romke
RPG
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

Since the last post I did try to understand the problem and also I did try to understand how OOo-base is working. When you work with OOo-base then it is real difficult to understand with what part of the document you are working special when you work with the data embedded in your databasedocument. You can see this left down in the window. Most of the time this give no problem when you do not use macros. When you use macros then you need to understand parts of the database process you do not expect.

As far I now understand you can commit data to the database and flush data to the databasedocument. This understanding is real important when you are working with a database where the database is embedded in the databasedocument

I use the word database for data in the HSQLDB database. The word databasedocument is the container what can contains the forms, report and queries. It contains also the database when you are working with the embedded database.

I think the good working order is to commit all the data to the database and then flush the data to the databasedocument before closing the databasedocument.

Connection
When you have a connection most of the time the data is autocommit to the database. So you have no problems when close the connection. The databasedocument does not change.

Controls and fields
There is no autocommit when you change data in controls and fields. In this case you can also lose data. When you work with controls in a form then you have first to commit the data to the field and later the record must maybe commit to the database

Romke
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: