OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Image Problems in Writer & Converting to .pdf

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dinvex

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Image Problems in Writer & Converting to .pdf Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm trying to make a graphic design portfolio for some of my work as a .pdf, and decided I'd put one image per page in writer, then export that document as .pdf.

My first issue is the colors are sometimes drastically different, and I'm not sure why.

My second issue is when I do export to .pdf, the images are COMPLETELY scrambled doing some horizontal repeat thing, have lost all color to black and white lines, and I've no clue why they come out like this. I put the pdf here so you can see what I'm talking about:

http://www.sonicphantasm.com/Colby_Taylor_Graphic_Design_Portfolio.pdf

If you can shed any light on this I'd really appreciate it. Thank you!
dinvex

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK downloaded cutepdf and I can "print" it successfully, but the images in the program are still giving me problems in terms of color- especially the dark areas seem to clump as black, if that makes any sense....
cathyhill

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Image Problems in Writer & Converting to .pdf Reply with quote

dinvex wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to make a graphic design portfolio for some of my work as a .pdf, and decided I'd put one image per page in writer, then export that document as .pdf.

My first issue is the colors are sometimes drastically different, and I'm not sure why.

My second issue is when I do export to .pdf, the images are COMPLETELY scrambled doing some horizontal repeat thing, have lost all color to black and white lines, and I've no clue why they come out like this. I put the pdf here so you can see what I'm talking about:

http://www.sonicphantasm.com/Colby_Taylor_Graphic_Design_Portfolio.pdf

If you can shed any light on this I'd really appreciate it. Thank you!

Have you checked your printer settings? There is a post talking about image color issues in the PDF exporting process. Hope it can offer some help.

https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=54083/imaging
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: