OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Conducting a test within organisation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
randenius

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Conducting a test within organisation Reply with quote

Here is a little background of the problem. I'm tasked to conduct a test within my organisation. About 400 candidates are suppose to sit for the test that is 60 minutes long and has 50 MCQs. Most of the candidates are running Windows XP with only intranet access, hence I'm thinking about using Open Office to carry out this task. However, I'm a newbie in this.

What I have in mind right now is to prepare the test paper, probably in OO Calc. I will send this out to the candidates, get them to fill in the answers and send it back. The problem lies here. Is there a way to do a macro or program to automatically gather the scores from every file into 1 single spreadsheet and tie them to their respective name?
jrkrideau
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:27 am    Post subject: Re: Conducting a test within organisation Reply with quote

randenius wrote:
Here is a little background of the problem. I'm tasked to conduct a test within my organisation. About 400 candidates are suppose to sit for the test that is 60 minutes long and has 50 MCQs. Most of the candidates are running Windows XP with only intranet access, hence I'm thinking about using Open Office to carry out this task. However, I'm a newbie in this.

What I have in mind right now is to prepare the test paper, probably in OO Calc. I will send this out to the candidates, get them to fill in the answers and send it back. The problem lies here. Is there a way to do a macro or program to automatically gather the scores from every file into 1 single spreadsheet and tie them to their respective name?

I wonder if there is not a better solution using some opensource testing software? A quick google will give you some leads.
randenius

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, jrkrideau. I forgot to mention that I'm not allowed to install any third party software into our computers. Hence I am resorting to installed software such as open office/microsoft office.
jrkrideau
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

randenius wrote:
Hi, jrkrideau. I forgot to mention that I'm not allowed to install any third party software into our computers. Hence I am resorting to installed software such as open office/microsoft office.

Ouch! Nothing like being handicapped before starting.

My guess is that it would be possible to do it with Calc but I certainly don't have the programming skills to do it.

Again, I lack the programming skills to do it, but you might want to consider using BASE?

I'd suggest posting the question to the Base forum and seeing if any of the data base gurus there have a suggestion. It just strikes me as more of a data.base operation than a Calc one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: