OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Horizontal blues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jiml2
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Horizontal blues Reply with quote

I'm trying to get a handle on plain old horizontal lines. That handle seems to be very slippery. Is there any way to put in a horizontal line that will be one page wide when on a reader?

The plain hline across the page in Writer turns into a two inch mark on my Kindle. (Unless it happens to have a tummy ache, then it's anybody's guess)

I tried running an underscore across a whole page. Readers use however much they want to cross a page, then wrap the rest.

At one time there was an auto-something-or-other that would turn a few underscores into a full width hline. I must have figured out how to shut that off, because I find no sign of it now.

I read somewhere that Writer turns an hline into a graphic, altho it doesn't seem to act like one.

Search and replace gives no way of putting an hline anywhere in place of anything.

While powerful, Alternate Search & Replace never so much as heard of a horizontal line, so far as I can tell.

It this a totally lost cause?
floris_v

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, you can turn three -,+,= etc in a row into a line with Tools - Autocorrect options - Options - Apply border (see Help for full information).

If your problem has been solved, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: