OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Losing line spacing on text in Writer after save

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DenysT

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Losing line spacing on text in Writer after save Reply with quote

OK, this is real simple. I enter some text and apply the First line indent style from the styles and formatting box. I save the document in ODF format. I reopen the document and line spacing below text is set to 0, not 6 (I use points) as it was when it was applied. This didn't happen on 3.3 just since updating dating to 3.4.

If I open a previously saved ODF document I created in 3.3 and edit it the same thing will happen, the First line indent spacing below text gets set to 0. Also happens on Text body indent so...

Not sure why this is happening but FWIW I have the same problem using LibreOffice on Linux (I use OO on Windows). Did something change between 3.3 and 3.4 that I missed?
DenysT

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I forgot to mention is this only happens on the first save of a new document or after the first save of an old document I edit. Resetting the spacing back to 6 and then saving again and reopening the format holds. But why does it not hold on the first save is what is irritating me.
JohnV
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can confirm this except that my Below Paragraph spacing is initially set at .08.
DenysT

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnV wrote:
I can confirm this except that my Below Paragraph spacing is initially set at .08.

That's because you are using inches as a measurement and I am using points is all. It is the same distance initially. But thanks for the confirmation I thought I was going nuts. Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: