OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

need cell-note to appear *above* functional form-controls

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davea0511
General User
General User

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 6:48 am    Post subject: need cell-note to appear *above* functional form-controls Reply with quote

How do I attach a note to a cell so that whenever it appears (from mouseover) the functional form controls will *not* obstruct the note?

Of course, this doesn't happen when design-mode is "on" but the form-controls won't work then. This seems backwards. The time when the form controls should be "on-top" of popup notes should be when you need to work on the form-controls (when design-mode is "on"). When the spreadsheet is in production is when the user needs to both be able to use the controls (design-mode is "off") and be able to read the notes when they mouse-over a certain cell. Can we make it work that way?
Villeroy
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use the tool tip of the form control.
davea0511
General User
General User

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Is there a way to make it more than just a 1 liner? The nice thing about the cell comments (or notes ... whatever it's called) is that you could put a nice description there taking many lines.

How do I use the "Help URL" field shown in the control properties (just below the Help text, what you referred to as the tooltip)? I tried putting a link there by I can't tell how to use it. I was thinking maybe that would solve my need for more space.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: