OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Problem inserting an image on an OO writer page.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elder73
General User
General User

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Problem inserting an image on an OO writer page. Reply with quote

Hello,

In the past I have inserted images into text document on OO writer.

Then came today and I tried to insert an image as before but all I get on the page is the empty box with handles and the title "Graphics 1". It beats me and I can't get it to work.

Any help would be appreciated,

Elder73
lecmac
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Graphics 1 but no picture Reply with quote

I have the same problem and have been trying to get an answer. I have found that if I rt. click on the graphics1 and then click image map, it will show me the picture. Also, if I rt. click on the graphics 1 and then click picture and then click picture again, it will show me the picture. There has to be a better way. If you are able to discover it, please let me know. My email is lesterandmina@gmail.com
elder73
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Graphics 1 but no picture Reply with quote

lecmac wrote:
I have the same problem and have been trying to get an answer. I have found that if I rt. click on the graphics1 and then click image map, it will show me the picture. Also, if I rt. click on the graphics 1 and then click picture and then click picture again, it will show me the picture. There has to be a better way. If you are able to discover it, please let me know. My email is lesterandmina@gmail.com

I'm sorry to hear you had the same problem. The last time I used graphics on Open Office, which was about a year ago, it worked fine. Sometime in that year I updated by loading a later version. Now there is thiis problem.

As I was in a hurry and had to get out the document I was working on, so I looked up Abiword, which is an open source word processor, which I have followed off and on over its development. (http://www.abisource.com/) It looked good so I downloaded a copy and installed it. Everything worked fine and I got my document done. From now on Abiword will be my word processor of choice. I still use the OO spreadsheet and database.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: