OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Problems installing Office 2007

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bantayso02

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Problems installing Office 2007 Reply with quote

I got the following error when I tried to install Office 2007 Professional this morning:

The 2007 Microsoft Office system does not support upgrading from a prerelease version of the 2007 Microsoft Office system. You must first uninstall any prerelease versions of the 2007 Microsoft Office system products and associated technologies.

Correct the issue(s) listed above and re-run setup.

I had uninstalled all of the software except for Office 2003 Web Components which as it turns out needs to be uninstalled. I hoped for the best, but I still got the same error. In order to resolve it I had to dig into the temporary log file that the setup application creates in the temporary directory (C:\Documents and Settings\[Login Name]\Local Settings\Temp. The file was called something like SetupExe(2006....).log. Near the end of the file was the following text:

Catalyst beta product conflict check failed. Office Beta product conflict is detected on the computer, productcode={30120000-001F-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE}
Showing message Title: 'Setup Errors', Message: 'Setup is unable to proceed due to the following error(s):
The 2007 Microsoft Office system does not support upgrading from a prerelease version of the 2007 Microsoft Office system. You must first uninstall any prerelease versions of the 2007 Microsoft Office system products and associated technologies.
Correct the issue(s) listed above and re-run setup.
'
Message returned: 1
Error: Catalyst intermediate PreReqCheck has failed Type: PreReqCheckFailure.
Catalyst execution finished: 11/15/2006 10:26:19. Return code: 30066. Exception caught: PreReqCheckFailure.
PERF: TickCount=2456437 Name=RunSetup Description=End function

So, off to the Registry I went to delete every instance I could find for the listed product code. After clearing them out I restarted the setup application and everything worked fine. Hopefully, this information will be useful to someone else, because I couldn't find anything on the Internet about it.
"Unspam" edit: Disabled signature with unrelated commercial links.
keme (moderator)
keme

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a site focusing on the Office suite OpenOffice.org (and its derivatives), and generally we do not address issues concerning other suites (like the MS Office suite).
You will be better off consulting a Microsoft-centered service.

Also, when your only posting is about an unrelated subject, and your signature contains multiple links to unrelated commercial content, it sure looks like spam...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: