OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

2d object shape to 3d Extrusion under oooBasic how to ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API
View previous topic :: View next topic  
richard_jazz

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: 2d object shape to 3d Extrusion under oooBasic how to ? Reply with quote

I’m trying to see if I can use the extrusion “service” API in oooBasic on a 2d object that I have managed to code and display . I have also been able to select said coded object “rectangle” and extrude it using the 3-D toolbar. Now looking at The Development guide Docs “service CustomShape” which the 2d object was coded from I found quote “If the CustomShapeEngine property is "com.sun.star.drawing.EnhancedCustomShapeEngine", then the property (rect.CustomShapeGeometry) is containing properties as they are specified in the service com.sun.star.drawing.EnhancedCustomShapeGeometry
So given Shape object “rect”... I have put

Rect. CustomShapeEngine = "com.sun.star.drawing.EnhancedCustomShapeEngine",

I now assumed the “"com.sun.star.drawing.EnhancedCustomShapeGeometry" service and by its property “Extrusion” -the “service “EnhancedCustomShapeExtrusion” –which matches the 3-D toolbar- would be appended automatically to the Rect object. Then as I see it by using the DIM …As NEW…properties build a structure .Then

Rect.CustomShapeGeometry = “a structure of properties” I should be able to drill down to

EnhancedCustomShapeExtrusion… Property “Extrusion “= True and turn the 3-D on…etc
I seem to be failing on building this structure? If that is the right way? Of going about acessing the -EnhancedCustomShapeExtrusion- service from shape object "Rect"

What I’m really getting stuck on is coded examples of
1/ This service may be represented by a ::com::sun::star::beans::PropertyValue []. “UNDER SERVICE Heading’s”
2/ sequence< ::com::sun::star:: beans::PropertyValue > “under some service property headings”
As mentioned on a number of occasions in the DOC’S service & properties and what it looks like in code

My associated question’s are
1/ is the above logic/methodology the right way under oooBasic.. To use in Extrusion of objects?
2/ does any one have any bear bones code (structure of oooBasic ) that can extrude a 2D object… given that…I should then be able to get on the right track and fill in the bespoke details.?

Thanks
p.s
I’m looking at this in large part to make sense of the methodology of the DOC’S as above ie coded meaning of PropertyValue [].” Etc rather than putting 3-d shapes all over the place, also given the above what appears to be a complexity I feel this could be pushing the forum to its boundary

P.P.S
I have taken this from another forum I still have hope for the origional forum but if possible instead of me posting my inturpitation of getting to the "EnhancedCustomShapeExtrusion" from rect.oject which is probably wrong . I had an example of clean right code. then touch wood I should then see the light
Thanks
jacklinmor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should have to set only inbuilt property objects, there is one class for wood as well as furniture in your framework, you should have to set property objects at runtime only as per programming needs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: