OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

1st page background changes rest of doc too - plse help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
voouser

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: 1st page background changes rest of doc too - plse help! Reply with quote

Is there anyone who can help? This is driving me batty!
I am trying to use a different background on my first page. Everything works fine, even exporting to pdf. Once I exit and reopen, the background is still there, but then attaches itself to every other page. When I format the 2nd page back to default, it seems to lose all page settings. When I look at the page style, there are two brand new page styles that I did not create called convert1 and convert2. In trying to delete them, it takes two attempts at delete before it will finally delete. Fix everything, then reopen and the cycle starts all over again. I am using the current version of OO. What’s waking up these gremlins?!

postscript: it happened again and I also saw that when redefining the default page that it assumed the settings of the first page and so my footers all vanished as well. When I undeleted convert1 and convert2, there were no footers there either, so where did they go?
I will try to create a new first page style and report back, but why do I have to do that? That makes no sense if I just want to minimize the number of styles I have to maintain…

update: attempts to create new style causing OO to crash - twice in as many transitions...
This is becoming very tedious…

I tried recreating new and page styles with the new settings - they all disappear upon exiting - it will not save new page styles. This is nuts!
voouser

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: solved - thanks to floris_v in the watermark post! Reply with quote

Thank you! It seems that weird things happen if saved in .doc so answer is to save in .odt
floris_v

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try Tutorial on Page styles and headers/footers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: