OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

[SOLVED] Report Writer add=on for BASE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AFJES
General User
General User

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 7:48 am    Post subject: [SOLVED] Report Writer add=on for BASE Reply with quote

I have been trying to find the download for the add-on for the report writer other than the one that comes with BASE. Can someone please point me to the proper download link.

Also, I use a public computer and it blocks many sites with downloads; therefore if the link appears on a few different pages can you please supply those links incase one does not work and is blocked by the computer security software.

Thank you for your time

Last edited by AFJES on Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Sliderule
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the current time ( 2012-05-25 ) the Oracle Report Builder ( name of the extension ) can be found at ( click on the Get It! button ):

http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/project/reportdesign

I hope this helps, please be sure to let me / us know.

Sliderule

Thanks to add [Solved] in your first post Title ( edit button ) if your issue has been fixed / resolved.
AFJES
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SlideRule thanks for the link.

This place I use the computer blocks that URL - Darn It!! I guess I will have to find it somewhere else.

Thanks
AFJES
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this link at Oracle

http://download.oracle.com/otn/nt/forms/6i_rel2_xp.zip

The computer is letting me download it. Will this do the same thing?

I hope so. It is 250megs.

I guess I will try it.
floris_v

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The extension is about 3 MB, so it's not the same thing. Wink
Sliderule
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No.

The name of the file is: oracle-report-builder.oxt

The file size is: 3455192 bytes . . . that is a very SMALL file,
AFJES
General User
General User

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 7:37 am    Post subject: OUPS!!!!!! Reply with quote

Thanks for the help. The file download bombed out right at the end anyway.

Meantime, I tried going to Openoffice.org and the extensions website. This public computer will not let me download the file; I get re-directed to their security page instead.

I am getting very frustrated. I guess I will have to wait until one of my friendds can download it on their computer.

I am also going to see if I can side=track to the site page thru Open Office to the file oracle-report-builder.oxt

Thanks
floris_v

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Discuss this with the network administrator of your employer, he may want to allow users access to the extensions site.
AFJES
General User
General User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:33 am    Post subject: YUK!! Weird. My friend tried to download this file and no go Reply with quote

I am getting frustrated with this.

floris_v: no network involved here with this. Stand alone system.

My friend tried to download the file to his laptop and for some reason he can't, even after we allowed the popup to download the file. so we went to the suggested mirror site, downloaded the file, extracted it on his laptop, there are files and folders but no file called "oracle-report-builder.oxt" The compressed zip folder was named "oracle-report-builder.zip"

Some of the folder names are:
images
meta-inf
registration
registry
template
Some of the file names are: libfonts=1.0.0
commons-logging-1.1.1
libserializer-1.0.0
and other ones like this. But just noticed that these files are executable Jar Files. Read up on them quickly how to extract the files.

will give that a go now.

Meantime, can one of the moderators please email me the file "oracle-report-builder.oxt
" so I can start working with the program. I don't want to list my email address here but would assume moderators have access to it in my profile.

Thanks for all your help; it is so much appreciated.
Sliderule
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You said:

AFJES wrote:
I am getting frustrated with this.

You also said:

AFJES wrote:
My friend tried to download the file to his laptop and for some reason he can't, even after we allowed the popup to download the file. so we went to the suggested mirror site, downloaded the file,

You do NOT extract the file you downloaded, named, oracle-report-builder.oxt , but rather, follow the instructions at the link below, to INSTALL it.

http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/resources/user/howto_install

Installing an extension, any 1 of 3 below: http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/resources/user/howto_install wrote:

There are several ways to install an extension.

• Using the Extension Manager dialog.

Open the Extension Manager via Tools-Extension Manager. Click the "Add" button, select the extension in the file chooser dialog and click "OK". You may need to accept a license or agree to replace an existing version of an extension.

• From the download dialog

When you are about to download an extension the browser or e-mail program may show a dialog where you can choose to open the file with OpenOffice.org or to save it on disk. In the first case, OpenOffice.org will be started and installs the extension. You will be asked if you want to continue installing the extension. Press "OK" to install it.

• By double-clicking

Double-clicking the extension in a file browser will cause the extension to be installed. The procedure is the same as described before. That is, OpenOffice.org is started, users are asked if they want to continue the installation, and so on.

Sliderule

Thanks to add [Solved] in your first post Title ( edit button ) if your issue has been fixed / resolved.
AFJES
General User
General User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I am really getting confused. Confused When the file downloaded it download as

oracle-report-builder.zip

as a compressed zip folder.

Would you not have to extract the file from the compressed folder?

I see in BASE where you can install the extension once I get it; getting it is the problem.
It's these darn public computers that have blocks on sites and some downloads that is killing me. I don't have internet access at home. Crying or Very sad

UGGGG Sad
Sliderule
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The link I gave you above would download the file name I gave you . . . ending in .oxt . . . I do not know where you downloaded it from, therefore I canNOT answer your issue.

You could, rename the file you downloaded, changing the .zip to .oxt and follow the installation instructions I gave you above, but, I cannot say for sure.

Perhaps, someone else can help you.

Sliderule

AFJES
General User
General User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK Sliderule; maybe that is the problem. Maybe it downloaded for some reason as a compressed .zip folder and thinking this I have been trying to extract files, and this is why it says no files to extract. I will when I get home try renaming the file extension .zip to .oxt and see what happens.

Thanks so much for your added help, much appreciated.
AFJES
General User
General User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: That did it !! Reply with quote

Sliderule:

That was the problem Smile Very Happy , for some reason the file was downloading as a compressed zip folder so I was trying to extract the files which did not exist.

I downloaded the file fresh, renamed the extension from .zip to .oxt, double clicked it and it installed. Thanks for helping me on this. I don't know why it was downloading with a .zip extension.

I will start a new post for a problem I am having with it though; it is a new topic Crying or Very sad .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: