OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

MySQL database error : MySQL server has gone away

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LarryMartinez

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: MySQL database error : MySQL server has gone away Reply with quote

i am using the database and connected to my data using the MySQL extension that openoffice offers. i connected with no problem but cant seem to stay connected. i get the following error : "MySQL server has gone away"

any ideas of how to keep it connected? i cant find the connection settings to see if there is anything i can change or turn on to help this.

i am using hostgator to host my MySQL database.

any ideas on how to keep connected?

i am on a MAC intel

thanks for your time.

Larry
matt11976

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Mysql Server has gone away Reply with quote

This may have been answered before but since this page came up at the top of the results, I will ad my reply.

"Mysql Server has gone away"

If you able to run queries normally at first, but get this error after a short time this may solve the issue.

This seems to be an issue with the ODBC Driver or the Windows ODBC Control Panel. I discovered the solution to this problem on a thread for MS Access with the ODBC Driver.

I had to create a new ODBC datasource to the same database, and automatic re-connect must be enabled under More options. Checking this option on an already existing datasource has no result.

Again you must check this option when you initially create the datasource or it will not work. It does not work if you try to change it later. I have not experimented with unchecking a previously checked option.
MSPhobe
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using the Open Office "native" MySQL connector? Might help, if not. (Fewer things to go wrong.)

I've done a comprehensive guide to setting up a MySQL server and accessing the databases hosted there with Open Office's "Base" as your front end/ client software.

Written 3/13 after many, MANY years of struggle, gradual progress towards Nirvana. Using the then current Open Office, Java, native OO MySQL connector, and MySQL server.

I'm a Luttite/ dinosaur with the best of them... but for this ambitious work, I really do commend availing yourself of the latest work by the good people who bring us these things.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: