OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

enable macros after spreasheet is loaded?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davea0511
General User
General User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: enable macros after spreasheet is loaded? Reply with quote

Here I am asking questions again that the powers that be would rather not be asked (setting them up for a soap box about standards and the way things should *not* be done). But somebody has to be a pain in the neck, eh? So here goes ...

Is there some way that macros can be enabled after a spreadsheet is loaded? For example, the current process for someone who loads a spreadsheet with macros and the option to load the macros at startup is disabled (OpenOffice security settings), then the only way for them to do so is to go into the security settings, allow that capability, save and close OpenOffice, reopen the spreadsheet, then select "yes".

It would be really nice if there was an easier way for them to enable macros in that case. I think the default is to not even ask when a spreadsheet loads, is it not, so the above process being the default is a bigger pain in the neck than I am.
davea0511
General User
General User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take that as a no then, eh?

I'm thinking more and more that I need to package an installer executable with my spreadsheets that automatically configures OO to run in a way that is more friendly than it's default settings. The security settings should be "Medium" by default, not "high", and design mode should be disabled by default. Now I just need to figure out where that config file is and the best way to change it. Hopefully it's XML, JSON, or similar.
floris_v

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not so fast please, there aren't that many people around anymore answering questions here. Patience. You can also try the new official community forums (see my signature for the link).
davea0511
General User
General User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I'll give it a day or so then check out the other forum if I get no bites here. Is this forum going to be phased out?
floris_v

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It gets too much spam, so most active people left.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: