OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

(Solved) Postcode Finder/matcher

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jameswong

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:39 am    Post subject: (Solved) Postcode Finder/matcher Reply with quote

Hi thanks for any help in advance ill try and explain as clearly as possible. My new job sends me a list of about 20000 full postcodes with times/dates next to them every Monday which i have to sort through to find the ones that match my work area so i know where i am for the week. Its taking me ages to do this so is it possible that if i had my area post codes in Column A and the full Post codes in B that calc can compare the first part of b with the codes in a and any matches are either duplicated to D to the right of their corresponding date cell or any cells that don't match are deleted. The codes in A are in the form AL1,BG2,NN4 and there are 72 of them and the codes in B are in full form Al1 123, Al2 345,PW8 786 and there are around 20000 of them.Thanks again for any help anyone can share.

James

Last edited by jameswong on Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:51 am; edited 1 time in total
ozzie
OOo Advocate
OOo Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is being answered very well at:
http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=54402&sid=cfb4a5eb6dcc262e50a6eb076ac811af
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: