OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Building OO1.1.2, I'm in big trouble ! Please help me !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hatuan1983
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:35 am    Post subject: Building OO1.1.2, I'm in big trouble ! Please help me ! Reply with quote

well, i tryed to build oo1.1.2 for a week, but still fail , i have to spend serveral days to configure right, so when i start to build , i think well done, but no, god want to chanlenge me ! when it build the project stlport , i break , I'm using (winxp, vc.net beta2,cygwin,all the newest tool i can download from the right places). so i figured out that , it can only be my vc , cause everything is downloaded from the right places on the net .
I bought vc.net 2003 , but it report the same error like vc.net beta2. So i change to use vc6, and it runs through stlport, i think that's all, but after 2 hours building , it stoped again , this time it's python, i'm almost collapsed , so i run out to the street and buy the sevice packet 5 for vc, and then , thank god , it runs through python, now i'm sure that nothing can stop me , the next morning when i wake up , the screen stop with an ERROR, can't believe it , i'm going insane !that's terrible , i have only one week to translate it into vietnamese , and right now , i haven't be able to build it yet . That's disater for me and my future ! It stop at project basic/utils, when build the file sb645mi.dll , damn that file , i try to download it from the internet , but i can't , well now i can't imagine what is the fault, i tryed everything , search every place . Now i have only one hope, tomorrow , i will try to download the solver then put it in the source and try to build only the project i will translate (i need to have the oo run, to see if i translate it right ) , i hope it will run , i'm not sure , if i copy the solver into the source i can make the setup, in instsetoo, without rebuilding the project basic ! The other hope, is that try to find the file sb645mi.dll and put it in the project basic , so when i build it , it won't build the file again , so i'm through( but i have only a little hope in this case ) ! OK

My error is , project basic/util, when making file sb645mi.dll, (Link :fatal error lnk1000;dmake : error code 203) !

That's really long , Now i'm using (winxp,vcsp5,cygwin(newest version),gcc33(newest from cygwin packet),jdk1.4.1.05,apace-ant1.6.2,activeperl5.1,...) well, everything is the newest from the net, only vcsp5 i bought from shop, and jdk1.4.1.05 i've got it somewhere ! when i configure it , it say that i don't have dmake , jakarta ant, but it doesn't report any warning or error, so i don't think it's the problem. ah , when i see the configure.log file , i see this error :

/out:conftest.exe
/out:conftest.exe
conftest.cc
conftest.cc : fatal error LNK1136: invalid or corrupt file
Microsoft (R) 32-bit C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 12.00.8804 for 80x86
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1984-1998. All rights reserved.

well, if anyone know where is my problem, i really own you a favour ! or if you know a way that i can localize oo, without build througth that project basic, i think that's a way for me ! Please help me, i'm dying !
Cybb20
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Settings are very important for building such huge beasts as OOo is, especially on MS Windows. Have you met all requirements?
And about the solvertree: Yes it should be possible for you to build one project against the solvertree (you don't need to build everything that's the good thing about the solvertree).
However you need to keep in mind which module is based on which one.
there is a project file (haven't built OOo for quite some time now) that tells you which project depends on which others, cause then you must rebuilt those too.

If I would encounter a build break like the one you described the first thing would be to search for it in the Issuezilla of OOo, cause there is a wealth of documented build-failures (defects) and provided fixes as well.

Christian
hatuan1983
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, thanks Cybb20, but i don't think this will help me, i'm sure that all requirement is met, there no warning or error when i configure it (./configure --with-use-shell=tcsh),only a error in the config.log . I tryed to search everywhere for the error , but never found it . and if i found it , there no answer for how to deal with it ! well, maybe i'll download the version oo 1.1.1 and try to rebuild and hope it will run ! I have not much time left, if today i can't build it succesfully , i'm really in deep of trouble !
Cybb20
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

something very important about VC6 is that you haven't installed the Processor Pack 5(6?), otherwise it won't work.
Another thing is that VC6 is obsolete for building OOo and you should definately use your VC.NET 2003 which is the compiler OOo binaries are built out of at Sun Microsystems (as far as I know).

I mean you bought VC.NET 2003 which is pretty expensive and I can't seem to find the sense of not using it for the build.

And by the way: If settings are correct or not is not generally detected by running ./configure there are a whole lot of settings that might not be correct that you will not even hear of from stdout!

Christian
hatuan1983
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for interesting into my problem, i'm going to give up , but still hoping , as i said , when i use .net 2003, it stop right at the project stlport, (it'ok when i use vc6 or vc6 sp5), so i can't figure out where is my problem, tomorow , i will try the oo1.1.3 or the oo1.1.1 if none work , i think i'm not the one for this job ! thanks again ! I tryed to use 4nt but it still have a lot of problem, such as (the find.exe , ..) and it stop at the begining of building ! and now , i can't build with cygwin , it report with startup.mk, i saw this error somewhere, but i don't have time for that , i will delete all , and rebuild a new fresh. well , i'm really sad now !
hatuan1983
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i downloaded the solver, so i can build the setup now , i'm ready to localize, so i choose the setup2 first , but when i try to build it , it fail again ! oh no ! maybe i'll try .net 2002 , or i'll try the version 1.1.1 and i hope it'll be ok ! i'll post the error here , so if anyone know the problem please tell me !
project setup2 : error 65280 occure while making /source/basic , when making file , sibasic.obj !

i try to build another project and it has error : project sch ,
Error 65280 occurred while making /oosource/sch/util when making file sch645mi.dll
Well, always , basic, util ... can you or 645mi.dll , can anyone figure out my problem !
Cybb20
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry that I said Sun Microsystems used VC2003 they used VC2002 for the binaries I think. So the best compiler for OOo is definately VC2002 on MS Windows.

Christian
hatuan1983
General User
General User

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it report the error 65280 all the time, i don't know what cause this bug , i downloaded the solver , then i can build setup, when i try to build indivisual project like sw, sf2, setup2 ... it's alway report this bug ! do you know why ! tomorow i'll have .net 2002 , this is my last chance , maybe i'll download oo1.1.3, heard it fixed a lot of bug , but i don't think my problem is the bug of 1.1.2 ! i means , i downloaded wrong tools , or use wrong version !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: