OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Tabs in OOo Writer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nosebleed
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 6:13 pm    Post subject: Tabs in OOo Writer Reply with quote

I've certainly gottten used to the minor differences between MS Word and OpenOffice.org except for one. The tab stops are way too long, much longer than in MS Word. Is there any way to adjust the number of spaces the cursor moves when I hit tab? Thank you, I appreciate the service!
cwchia
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try Tool-Option-Text Document-General-Setting. It that what u r trying to do? Rolling Eyes
imoe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I went through the same thing. Find the setting per cwchia's post and change the measurement unit to 'Inch' and the Tab stops to 0.50". That should make the tab stops equivalent to MS Word tab stops. Now why it's not the default setting, I have no idea...
cwchia
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SO & OOo have all its default measurement set in the metrics standards rather then imperial standard. I figured it is because SO was a German creation back then.
mtamarin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overall, I think there are more european users than north american users. But that will probably change with all the attention OOo is getting from US tech companies.
KikStart

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2003 1:51 pm    Post subject: Imperial/Metric Reply with quote

Actually, I had hoped that there would be an easy switch between these. Having to set these values up for every portion of OOo is annoying.

Of course, maybe that's the idea - torture American users into 'getting with the program', as far as the Metric system. Evil or Very Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: