OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Printing Form Problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlueHead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:10 am    Post subject: Printing Form Problems Reply with quote

Hey all,

I'm having a few problems with a form I have made in Base. What I need to do is print a page from a form, which happens to be very wide. Whenever it is printed, the entire right side of the form is crunched together.

Now, my first thought was that it had to be the printer (as I'm sure you had the same thought), so I did the usual things: printing in landscape, altering paper size, scaling to paper size... you name it, I've done it with the printer properties.

So, the next thought is that it has to be the program. Whenever I open the form and click view > print layout, I am given exactly the same sheet that it normally prints - that being all crunched on the right side.

If you need more information, or maybe screenshots, I'm happy to get those for you.

Thanks a bunch,
Blue
Arineckaig
OOo Advocate
OOo Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Whenever I open the form and click view > print layout, I am given exactly the same sheet that it normally prints - that being all crunched on the right side.

I am sorry that you have not already had a reply to your post, but welcome to the forum.

The view > print layout indicates how the form document will print. If this layout is not satisfactory, I suggest you open the form document in Edit mode and in view > print layout so that you may adjust the page size and layout just as you would for any Writer document: for example, format the page to whatever size, shape and margins are required for the printer and if necessary relocate and/or resize the various data forms and controls that you wish to include in the printout.

When the wizard is used to create a form in Base, it tends to create by default a page as A4 landscape whereas the 'Create Form in Design View' defaults to A4 portrait. Either way these page formats can later be changed even if they are not immediately obvious when viewed in the document's default Web Layout mode.

Please come back if you have further problems or to let us all know how you get on.
Staffing IT
General User
General User

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had problems printing from my database a while back and learned something I did not realize. When viewing your forms in Base, you are viewing the "Web Layout" of the form. However, when printing the form, the view changes to the "Print Layout" of the form, which changes the entire layout.

To solve this problem, I did the following:

1) Open your database to the main window and select "Forms" on the left side.

2) Choose the form you wish to print from and right click it. Choose "Edit".

3) While in the editor, you can change your view (under the View menu at the top) between the "Print Layout" and "Web Layout". I am willing to bet that your "Print Layout" looks just like what you have printing.

4) Try editing the Print layout to what you would like to have print and try again.

Hope this helps you, and many others, solve your printing nightmare.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: