OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Inserting text to the right of a picture within a frame

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
holliday22
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Inserting text to the right of a picture within a frame Reply with quote

Hi All,

I am having a very difficult time getting text to appear on the right side of a picture I have inserted.

I understand that I am supposed to be able to be able to double click the picture and click the wrap tab to choose the wrap that lets me put text to the right of my image.

The above does not work! This might be because all my text and picture is already inside of a frame. The frame is in there because I use this file as a letterhead template.

This must be confusing so here is the file: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4279429/test%20brochure.odt

Does anyone know anything?

Laughing Laughing
Llelan D.
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I understand your question correctly, you actually want to have text wrap to the right of the entire frame and not just the image, since there is both an image and text below within the frame.

De-select anything else, hover your mouse over the frame border until it turns into a pointer, and right-click to bring up the frame context menu. The frame border should light up with green resizing boxes. Choose "Frame..." and set the text wrapping option for the frame to "After". Some right-side spacing would also be wise in the same dialog.

Now you can click to the right of the frame and a text cursor will appear.

I hope you find that of some help.
Robert Tucker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try selecting the image (not the frame) so that it gets the green handles and then right-click on the image and select "Picture...". Go to "Wrap" tab and select "After". Then play around with the size of the image using the green handles tending to move it up into the left hand corner of the frame expanding and reshaping the frame as necessary.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: