OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

open office SDKs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maverick786us
General User
General User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:53 am    Post subject: open office SDKs Reply with quote

I have developed an application in C# that uses Open Office 3.4 SDKs. Despite copying all those Dependency DLLs when I run that application in a PC which does'nt have Open Office, this is the exception that is generated

Code:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException: External component has thrown an exception.
   at cppu.bootstrap(Reference<com::sun::star::uno::XComponentContext>* )
   at uno.util.Bootstrap.bootstrap()
   at ODTConvertor.ODTConvertor.Convert_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Can someone suggest me all the dependency DLLs that I have to add with my installer in order to make this thing work with PCs not having open office?
hol.sten
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: open office SDKs Reply with quote

maverick786us wrote:
Can someone suggest me all the dependency DLLs that I have to add with my installer in order to make this thing work with PCs not having open office?

It looks to me as if you are seriously asking this question. Am I right? OK, again, although you can read the answer to this question in zillion OOo posts: It is not possible! If you develop an application which uses OOo it does not suffice to copy some DLLs or any other stuff. The target computer needs an OOo installation, too.
maverick786us
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Re: open office SDKs Reply with quote

hol.sten wrote:
maverick786us wrote:

It looks to me as if you are seriously asking this question. Am I right? OK, again, although you can read the answer to this question in zillion OOo posts: It is not possible! If you develop an application which uses OOo it does not suffice to copy some DLLs or any other stuff. The target computer needs an OOo installation, too.

Can you provide me the link to Zillion OOo posts? If I am not wrong, OOo stands for Open office Framework? So I have to convince the client to install 140MB of open office software in his PC?
hol.sten
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: open office SDKs Reply with quote

maverick786us wrote:
Can you provide me the link to Zillion OOo posts?

Did you ever search a forum before? Anyway, I just searched for some old replies of mine just in this OOo forum:
http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=69511&highlight=installing
http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=52865&highlight=installing
http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=15333&highlight=installing

maverick786us wrote:
OOo stands for Open office Framework?

No!
OOo stands for OpenOffice.org, now known as Apache OpenOffice, which is an open-source office productivity software suite containing word processor, spreadsheet, presentation, graphics, formula editor, and database management applications.: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Openoffice.org
The OOo SDK is the OpenOffice.org software development kit, now known as Apache OpenOffice SDK, which is an add-on for the OpenOffice.org office suite. It provides the necessary tools and documentation for programming the OpenOffice.org APIs and creating own extensions (UNO components) for Apache OpenOffice: http://www.openoffice.org/download/sdk/
Using the OOo SDK without OOo does not make sense.

maverick786us wrote:
So I have to convince the client to install 140MB of open office software in his PC?

If your software solution uses OOo, absolutely.
maverick786us
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK so if I am developing an application in C# and creating an MSI setup for that application. Instead of merging the whole 140MB Open Office 3;4 installer with that MSI Installer. Are there some specific files and DLLs that belong that Open Office Framework that I can integrate in the installer instead of whole 140MB installer?
hol.sten
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maverick786us wrote:
Are there some specific files and DLLs that belong that Open Office Framework that I can integrate in the installer instead of whole 140MB installer?

As far as I know, no.
maverick786us
General User
General User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Re: open office SDKs Reply with quote

maverick786us wrote:
hol.sten wrote:
maverick786us wrote:

Can you provide me the link to Zillion OOo posts? If I am not wrong, OOo stands for Open office Framework? So I have to convince the client to install 140MB of open office software in his PC?

OK agreed with your point. Just like the case of .NET we just need .NET framework not the entire Visual Studion for the application to work. In this case is there a minimum Open Office Framework we instead of whole Open Office Application?

Thanks in Advance
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: