OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

How to copy worksheets without retaining references

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bah

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:22 am    Post subject: How to copy worksheets without retaining references Reply with quote

Quick search didn't produce any results, so I started a new thread. Sorry if this has been here already.

I have (at the moment) a workbook that consists of two sheet (let's call them Sheet1 & Sheet2 for convenience, where Sheet2 gets most of it's data from Sheet1). The main idea here is to use these two sheets as a template, and use them over and over again in the same workbook, since I'm compiling statistics from the local hockey league, where everything stays pretty much the same (teams, number of games etc.) except the results of the actual games. I have split them into two sheets for convenience and aesthetic reasons.

Anyway, heres the question:
Since I'm trying to use them as a template for other seasons, is it possible to copy the two existing sheets (creating Sheet3 and Sheet4) so that Sheet 4 gets it's data from Sheet3 and not from Sheet1?

To clarify:
Sheet2 has a function that references cell Sheet1.P3, and when I copy the Sheets, I have Sheet4 for that also references the cell Sheet1.P3, when I REALLY need it to reference the cell Sheet3.P3. I tried this at work the other day on Excel, and if I'm not mistaken it did the job like I needed it. Is it possible on Calc?

Furthermore, I'm thinking of moving one table from Sheet2 to Sheet1.
The problem is that that actual table gets IT'S data from Sheet2. If I move it to Sheet1,
it won't reference Sheet2, and the data is all **** up. Is there any way to fix this except manually?
Bah

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes...
Maybe I should just try using Replace...
Why the hell didn't I think of that. Even with a shitload of functions it should still
be a breeze.
scsisys
OOo Advocate
OOo Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or, simply select sheet1, click cell A1, Menu > Edit >Select All >Copy .
Open up Sheet3, click in A1, Paste.
Same thing for Sheet2 data to Sheet4.

The table that references cells in Sheet2 should have an absolute references,
$sheet2.$a$1 (or whatever cell address is needed) . Then , no matter where
you place this in Sheet1, it will always reference to the correct cells in Sheet2.

scsisys
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: